Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ttgj

Which Answer Would You Give?

Good evening,

I want to ask all of you which answer you would give, if somebody on a public forum (which is not concerned with Dharma) asked "which kind of luck/happiness is not impermanent".

Thank you :)

I want to ask all of you which answer you would give, if somebody on a public forum (which is not concerned with Dharma) asked "which kind of luck/happiness is not impermanent".

I guess only happiness of full enlightenment would fall into the category, but since the forum is not concerned with Dharma, the answer might need some explanation of what enlightenment is, etc.. :)

Best regards.

I guess only happiness of full enlightenment would fall into the category, but since the forum is not concerned with Dharma, the answer might need some explanation of what enlightenment is, etc.. :)

Thank you very much tibi! :)

But how to explain it without using the word "enlightenment" or "awakening", without talking about Buddhism or religion - just in the tradition of western natural science? Some people stop to listen, read and think when they suspect a religious background…

I'm afraid that this is impossible :,(

Best regards

what do they want to know, and what means "permanent" for them?

if you would have asked me this questions some years ago, i would have answered:

happiness, that is not connected with the outside. an inner attitude, not just a reaction or projection to what may happen or not.

"which kind of luck/happiness is not impermanent".
The one, which gives itself for the others.

We all and each of us carry a happiness within, but if we keep it only for ourselves, it becomes limited, if we allow ourselves to manifest it for the sake of the others, then it becomes unlimited.

But how to explain it without using the word "enlightenment" or "awakening", without talking about Buddhism or religion - just in the tradition of western natural science? Some people stop to listen, read and think when they suspect a religious background…

No need to use any religious expression - you can just say "the happiness of a mind without any limitation, without any inner or outer obstacles". Is that non-religious enough? :laugh: