Dharmaling Forums

It is said that all sentient beings have been our mother in the past.

With compassion in my mind i look down at animals, who are dying under our knives. Alone, mistreated, with empty looks without dignity, when blood is pouring out of them left alone in stampedo of Samsara.

What if a being dies without a cause. For example The Venus Flytrap (Dionaea muscipula) loures the insects into its trap and then eats them. As His Presence Venerable Lama Shenphen Rinpoche teaches plants do not have the mind. Act is of killing an insects, but where is the Mind that acts in this case kills? Somebody is killed and nobody dies. Death is but is this a "normal" action. Is this maybe a forgivenes of the sins? Where does the karma of the plant comes from, as there is no motive consequently no rippening of action etc...What kind of passing is this, does it brings a possibility for salvation?

Then i started to think about death. It is embedet to Samsara. The courtier of it and the proof of the dregs of Samsara. But who is actually affraid of it - the ego. At a time of death ego dies and the mind reincarnate. So there is no death, "Death is ego's bigest illusion." 8/

But then i accept death. The end of past and the possibility of resurection. With love i give to transcend the suffering of Death and to step out of the chains cyclic existence. Death today i give You my Body for the benefit of all sentient beings. :bow:

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

Death today i give You my Body for the benefit of all sentient beings. :bow:
To benefit to all sentient beings, you could give to death your illusion of how you perceive your body, not the body itself.

Peace to all,

Simona

Tashi Delek

To benefit to all sentient beings, you could give to death your illusion of how you perceive your body, not the body itself.

If you want to experience Sugatagarbha you give your body.

Act is of killing an insects, but where is the Mind that acts in this case kills?

The causes are created by the one who experiences them. The fly who dies swallowed by a plant is experiencing the karma it has accumulated. Same as during an accident, when someone dies under snow avalanche, or crashes his car against a tree. Neither the snow or the tree need to be motivated for someone to die by them.

You don't need the action of killing to have a dead being; sometime there is only the action of being killed, coming from past accumulated karmic causes...

All the best,

I was contemplting death this morning and concluded it would be suitable for me to be practicing Tonglen when I die. For this reason I have decided to become as proficient as I can in this wonderful practice so as to breathe this way between meditations when awake and perhaps even find a way of doing it in my sleep too. Am I being realistic?