#1 Khyenrab

Khyenrab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

Dear all,

I was meditating today and started thinking about how precious it is to be in any way connected to a Dharma Center. In our LamRim meditations we recollect our thoughts on sections such as the precious human rebirth, inevitability of death and the uncertainty of the time of death, the sufferings of samsara; we think about Renunciation, Bodhicitta and Emptiness, and the incomparable kindness of our precious Guru, who makes all of our understanding of Dharma possible...

I feel something like this, if we are open to the meaning of Dharma, to this great immediate need to become free from any kind of suffering, and to quickly help others understand this urgency, then we will feel a deep heart-felt connection to our Dharma Center and to our precious Lama.

I wrote the above as an "introduction". As Mariann wrote before (maybe others too :), making donations to your Teacher or to Dharma in general, as an offereing, is an extremely powerful method to progress on the Path. I'd like to think further about this a little bit. Sometimes i think we might feel like making donations to some humanitarian organization is a very good thing, we help people get clothes, food, maybe shelter, help them with getting any equipment they need, etc... It seems that supporting a BuddhaDharma center is incomparably more beneficial. A Dharma Center, under a Guidance of a Lama, is an absolute good. It's a place where people and other beings realize what the causes of suffering are, and begin to understand the causes of true happiness and joy (imprints which help them for lifetimes and lifetimes!), all the way to the peerless Happiness of complete Enlightenment.

Supporting, sustaining, making offerings to a BuddhaDharma Center is also a real test of one's motivation I think. If we really want happiness for others (and for ourselves alone!), real lasting happiness, our support for the activities of a Dharma Center should be almost ecstatic! ;) If we wish to be generous, I think there is no other place to practice perfect generosity. The activities of a Dharma Center (that we support) will offer gem-like activities and practices that will benefit incredible numbers of beings. And the benefit will be profound, it will touch their hearts their minds and will make them kind, compassionate, blissful. It will shake Samsara up. By supporting a Lama that knows the nature of Reality perfectly, I think all this happens - due to our financial support.

Making donations to a Dharma Center - I think it is by far the best material offering possible anywhere in this world. If we do it with a Dharma motivation, I think it can only be even more powerful.

Usually when we think about money we can feel a certain kind of burden, but I feel that having the knowledge that we can transform it and the opportunity to transform it completely into an absolute good, is very liberating. We can help others profoundly by supporting the pure, unmistaken teachings of the Buddhas. Life and everything in our life should turn into joy and hope. :)

I hope we can all regularly support the activities of our precious Lama, with whatever that we can give, for the benefit of all sentient beings. May our Dharma Center be sustained for a very long time!

P.S.: It seems to me that many people sometimes take it all for granted, but in reality, it will not be there forever... I guess *everything* depends on our motivation, and readiness to create positive causes...

Bank transfer information:
http://eshop.dharmal...fer_information

Best regards, K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users