3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael John Smith

Michael John Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

This link (you may have to copy and paste) takes you to a letter Mr. Obama sent to HH the Dalai Lama in July of this year:

http://www.scribd.co...-The-Dalai-Lama

#2 draftsman

draftsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 04:38 PM

His Holiness' position on Obama ;)
In the vastness of the sky, without center or edges, the sun shines, illuminating all things without choosing. This is the way you should help beings. Shabkar Tsogdruk Rangdröl (1781-1851)

#3 draftsman

draftsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

His Holiness on Obama's Tibet policy:

The Dalai Lama said he had met President-elect Barack Obama years ago and had kept in touch during the campaign.

On Tibet, he said: "I'm quite sure it will be a new face in the White House but the same policy."

-----

On George Bush ;) :

"I love Mr Bush - very straightforward, very nice person as a human being. But some of his policies, I don't know. In some cases, a little disaster!" he joked.

----

And on His own future:

The Dalai Lama said, with a typical giggle, that he was in no hurry to retire and hoped to remain Tibet's spiritual leader for another 10 or 15 years :prostate: .

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/7764064.stm
In the vastness of the sky, without center or edges, the sun shines, illuminating all things without choosing. This is the way you should help beings. Shabkar Tsogdruk Rangdröl (1781-1851)

#4 draftsman

draftsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:33 PM

Obama's action speaks louder than words :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users