35 replies to this topic

#1 Michael John Smith

Michael John Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:27 AM

Don't really want to spread panic but here is a short list of Facebook Rinpoche's who should definately be checked out carefully before their teachings are accepted as genuine, authentic Buddhadharma teachings (those passed on down recognised lineages from the Buddha himself):

1) Alon Bagwan Rinpoche
2) Trinlay Rinpoche
3) Jowo Rinpoche
4) Troma Rinpoche
5) TsogyelgarTraktung Rinpoche
6) Kharnang Yangtul Rinpoche

#2 Guest_lodreu_*

Guest_lodreu_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:44 PM

[22:07:45] lodreu says:

6) Kharnang Yangtul Rinpoche

Yangtrul Rinpoche has followed a very guenuine and classical education in Sera-Jhe monastery, where he achieved the Lharampa degree, he also received an extensive education in Tantra and is reknowed in Sera for his extensive knowledge in Sutra and Tantra.
As many Tibetans have done he made the mistake to miscalculate the impact and importance of some associations with some fake teachers, and fell into the trap of letting them organize tours for him in America to raise money for the Monastery he is responsible of in Tibet, and the various social projects for the nomad population it upholds. Doing so he brought credit to their manipulations of Buddha Dharma and their usage of the Tibetan tradition to support their own selfish interests. This brought some stains on his reputation, but it has to be dissociated from his great and pure tradional knowledge and his ability to transmit it.

Best regards,
Lodreu.

#3 LamaShenphen

LamaShenphen

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Buddha-Dharma

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

[quote name = 'Michael John Smith']Don't really want to spread panic but here is a short list of Facebook Rinpoche's who should definately be checked out carefully before their teachings are accepted as genuine, authentic Buddhadharma teachings (those passed on down recognised lineages from the Buddha himself):[/quote]
I agree that we shall pay attention to fake Lamas, but be very careful not to gossip and through suspicion on whom doesn't deserves! This is a "dangerous business". For you, for others. You have to be very clear and very sure of your motivation and means before to put forward names!

Already Yangtrul Rinpoche is a traditional Rinpoche, as Gelong Lodreu pointed out already.

[quote]2) Trinlay Rinpoche[/quote]
I met him during the visit of His Holiness the Dalaà¯-Lama in France in... 1986 I think. He has been also recognised traditionally.
Others, i don't know them.

All the best
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---
"For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world." (Arya Shantideva)

#4 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

1) Alon Bagwan Rinpoche

Nothing much on the net. Never heard about him, except from FaceBook...

4) Troma Rinpoche

http://www.kalima.org/bio.php = Kali Ma Troma Rigtsal Khandro, simply called "Ma," or "Rinpoche"
Doesn't seems traditional at all!

5) TsogyelgarTraktung Rinpoche

web.me.com/tsogyelgar/Tsogyelgar/Rinpoche.html
Any sign of recognition anyhwere on the web site?? Didn't see...

Thank you.

#5 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:30 PM

3) Jowo Rinpoche

This is a practitioner from the Jokhang Institute, a Tibetan Buddhist organization in Arlington, Massachusetts that is keeping the replica of the most famous statue of Tibet, Jowo Rinpoche. He told that he is "helping to promote the US Jowo Rinpoche by giving him a Facebook presence".

#6 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

This is a practitioner from the Jokhang Institute, a Tibetan Buddhist organization in Arlington, Massachusetts that is keeping the replica of the most famous statue of Tibet, Jowo Rinpoche. He told that he is "helping to promote the US Jowo Rinpoche by giving him a Facebook presence".

And? Does it prove why this person uses the term of "Rinpoche"?

#7 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:39 PM

And? Does it prove why this person uses the term of "Rinpoche"?

Surely not. He could establish a Jowo Rinpoche Facebook group to promote Jowo Rinpoche, without abusing the title.

#8 Michael John Smith

Michael John Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

Just thought I'd post a letter from a concerned friend of mine here - I think it's relevant and provides some useful information:

Subject: "Domo Geshe Rinpoche"-the fake one

Hello Michael

just to let you know I receive reply from HHDL office and they are aware of this woman claims but did not elaborate on what they intend to do but at least they know it.

Rinchen Dhondrup - official who repy- tell me there is list of officially approved Dharma teaching centres for USA and Canada on Office of Tibet,New York website.

Tibet Office New York

"Buddhist America" tab menu

For the rest of the world the

Tibet.com

website has contact details to find approved centres.

Ironically the woman fake operates from Wisconsin area and there are many approved centres in that state so why anyone want to go to her I not sure-maybe she is good persuader or full of bullshit and they taken in.

Also ironically her friend numbers increase since row. Is shame, a few of her friends genuine lama or nun - not good.Sort of give approval which not good.

Best regrd

Rich

#9 caveman

caveman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:27 AM

Just thought I'd post a letter from a concerned friend of mine here - I think it's relevant and provides some useful information:

Hello this is caveman. Just want to let you know that if you go to www.infinitenetworks.com you will see a series ofongoing articles exposing this woman as a fake and a con artist. The writer is an ex federal agent who investigates and exposes fake lamas and tulkus. He has a big series on a Madi Nolan who he exposed as a fake tulku and doctor of tibetan medicine.

Hope this helps

#10 LamaShenphen

LamaShenphen

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

About "Alon Bagwan Rinpoche".
Upon request of friendship from him, I sent him a message:
"You requested my contact on FB. Due to lastest issues with some pretending-to-be Rinpoche, I won't accept anymore "lamas" without to know how they have been recognised, accredited, and what are they doing.
I don't wish to backup or support any fake lama, or damage Dharma in any ways.
Thank you for your understanding."

And here goes the discussion which followed
---------------
Alon Bagwan:
its ok, i will tell you,
are you a rinpoche ? i have never heard about western rinpoche,

thats great . at first.

please do not treat yogis like that

i am titeled by guru rinpoche himself.( includig the entire assembly of buddhas)

ps - what issue had ben accured with other lamas,i didnt hear anything?

Lama Shenpen Rinpoche:
There are several persons pretending to be lama or rinpoche, on the net and facebook, and this is harmful to Dharma, because they are far from being able to teach or guide anyone, they haven't been recognised at all but are "self-appointed" lamas.

I don't support that. Titles correspond to something, to some responsibilities. it's not just a game of the ego.

If you go on dharmaling.org, you will find the documents regarding my recognition as Lama. I have nothing to hide or invent.

Alon Bagwan:
ok
its not an ego thing at all.

the ego actully is being attaced as well when people are expressing them selfs rudley.

being a titled as a rinpoche is never wrong, wont you agree ?,

in my case the title is not fully official, and not non-official as well.

this put me again the point on mutual respect and diginity to each other as individuals.
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche:
The title of Rinpoche belongs to the Tibetan tradition, in which it is used according to some rules and guidelines. To use that title, you should have received an official recognition or permission.

So, may you find this rude or not, it brings me to say that if you do not have any of such document, you are misusing the title of "Rinpoche", you are to be compared with other "fraud".

---------------

I didn't know Guru Rinpche was titeling directly! :0022:
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---
Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world." (Arya Shantideva)

#11 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

There is another self-appointed lama/ monk on the Facebook - Lama HongXi FaZang - a disciple of another fake teacher - His Holiness Dorje Chang Buddha III. You can see both here: http://www.lioncity....p...c=70954&hl=

The followers of so called His Holiness Dorje Chang Buddha III - also known as H.H. Master Wan Ko Yee, Dharma King Yangwo Yisinubu Wan Ko and H.H. Great Dharma King Master Wan Ko Yeshe Norbu - claim that he is the Buddhist equivalent of the Pope, the holiest and most honored leader of Buddhism, who has made the most magnificent achievements in the thousands of years of human history, a great master of outstanding international fame…, while various Buddhist organisations, including the Dalai Lama’s office in Dharamsala have never heard of him. More here: http://barthsnotes.w...twork-for-sale/

#12 m_v

m_v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

Is there a website from a reliable organization for collecting these abusers of Buddhist titles? If not, why dont you make one? It might be of great help for people...

#13 LamaShenphen

LamaShenphen

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Is there a website from a reliable organization for collecting these abusers of Buddhist titles? If not, why dont you make one? It might be of great help for people...

We have already this forum, and i think it's good enough service from the side of our Congregation.

But why wouldn't you make such web site then? It might be good to have such "centralised" web site to expose frauds, and also to ascertain those who are truely recognised... May be something to do in relation with the Office of His Holiness and Offices of other traditions.
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---

#14 m_v

m_v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

the www.omahhum.com website we received from a friend on this forum, and the "Master Tanpai Rinpoche" on it, is of what kind of nature?

thank You
mariann

#15 point

point

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:12 PM

But why wouldn't you make such web site then? It might be good to have such "centralised" web site to expose frauds, and also to ascertain those who are truely recognised... May be something to do in relation with the Office of His Holiness and Offices of other traditions.

I definitely befriend it.
Inexperienced pathfinders became victims easily. A summing, comprehensive, easily available informing which has blameless authenticity would be a great help by all means. It would be help to enter on the right way and not to get lost along the way.
Unfortunately it is my personal experience that doubt give birth doubt. In bad cases it can leads to that point when one can’t trust in nobody, be left alone and feel frightened. It leads to failure of discernment. Trustworthy informations from authentic source can prevent this.

#16 m_v

m_v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

HOLLÓS TAMàS "DHARMA LAMA"

An other example for beautiful self-confidency from Hungary: http://invitel.hu/horvathm/

He might be a student of Tanpai Rinpoche from www.omahhum.com, as many prananadi "masters"...

Az önhittség egy tovà¡bbi csodà¡latos példà¡ja Magyarorszà¡grà³l: http://invitel.hu/horvathm/

Valà³szà­nűleg a www.omahhum.com-os Tanpai Rinpoche tanà­tvà¡nya, miként sok mà¡s prananadi "mester" is.

#17 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Some points about Lama Luis Kunga - Choedak Riesgo, who wrote on his FB profile also "I am the Buddha in hiding":

• Lineage: No lineage on the profile, no Root Lama. His words: "well, funny i come from the sakya line and Nyigma... but now I am really eclectic... i take the dharma from all valid sources." (Like Osho, to whose group he belongs?)
  • How did he gain the title of Lama: Answer no. 1: "one of my dearest teachers if from a korean tradition Ir-won... that teacher is a genuis .." Answer no. 2: "in 1994 a person by the name of Chor Dorje Tulku a dear friend and a mongolain gelugpa tulku said.. look you have been ordained, you have taken your ngagpa vows etc for almost 7 years now.. you have students that you teach.. look for the benefit of others I make you lama... and then he performed a short enthronement for me. it was almost a comedy the way he did it"
  • Mystery and consorts: He claims to have a "special samaya" What kind of? "i preffer not to say... it has much to do with high mandala consort practices" (but he continues to praise the consort practices)
  • Lack of knowledge and disrespectful attitude towards the monastic tradition: He claims that he follows the yogic tradition, and not the line of "Atisha, Kadam and Tsongkhapa" (known for the emphasis on ethics, by the way), because "it was an act of the monastics to usurp the tantras from the yogis and they succeeded. it was all dirty politics and controll of the people (...) the yogis wanted no part of it" (Maybe from this reason he is approaching women with his "lama" and "consort" stories and listed dating and relationship among his interests?)

#18 Trinity

Trinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:39 AM

Add the woman from Wisconsin who claims to be the 9th incarnation of Domo Geshe Rinpoche. She claims, she as the 8th's student, was party to a transfer of consciousness from the "real" Domo Geshe and that mind did not want to go back to his old body and chose to incarnate in an older woman's body. As the Buddha might say "Does this make sense?"

#19 m_v

m_v

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hungarians - even Buddhist people like to think that a place colse to Budapest, Dobogà³kÅ‘ (Beating stone) is the heart of the Earth, it is its heart chakra... ( : text:"Tibetans change the world with their thoughts, Hungarians change it with their heart. Thousands of people would still like to know - though this is not a secret any more - the place where Earth's heart is beating is Dobogà³kÅ‘.)

Tanpai Rinpoche himself seems to support the idea, as I can read it in past news relating to Olympics, on the website of our main inter/national tv (Duna tv). http://www.dunatv.hu...zbeszedben.html

"I consider Hungary as a second homeland of mine. People of the country are kind and have good heart, and as it is well known, Dobogà³kÅ‘ is a holy place, where the heart of the Earth is beating. When I teach the method of Enlightenment here in Hungary - I often come to visit you - it feels like teaching the whole world." (Tanpai Rinpohe)

Last year even the European Tibet Support Associations held their meeting in that place...
What can be a basis of such belief, beside Tanpai Rinpoche's statement?

A magyarok - még buddhistà¡k is szeretik azt hinni, hogy a Budapesthez közeli hely, Dobogà³kÅ‘ a Föld szà­ve.
Maga Tanpai RInpocse is tà¡mogatja az elképzelést, amint ezt a legfÅ‘bb nemzet/közi tv-nk websitejà¡n is olvashatjuk a korà¡bbi olimpià¡val kapcsolatos hà­rekben:
"Magyarorszà¡got mà¡sodik hazà¡mnak tekintem. Az orszà¡g népe kedves és jà³szà­vű, Dobogà³kÅ‘ pedig tudvalevÅ‘en szent hely,ahol a Föld szà­ve dobog. Amikor itt Magyarorszà¡gon a megvilà¡gosodà¡s mà³dszertanà¡t tanà­tom, - gyakran megfordulok Önöknél - mintha az egész vilà¡got tanà­tanà¡m.
Tavaly még az Eurà³pai Tibetet Tà¡mogatà³ Csoportok talà¡lkozà³jà¡t is itt tartottà¡k.

Mi lehet ennek a meggyÅ‘zÅ‘désnek az oka Tanpai Rinpoche à¡llà­tà¡sà¡n kà­vül?

#20 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:22 AM

Naljorma Joyce: Another unusual Lama appeared on the Facebook, formally Joyce Diane Sylvian, born as Joyce Diane Stratton, but she prefers to call herself "dakkini Naljorma Tensin Konchog Palmo Yeshe Khadro", "medium of Dorje Phagmo", or also: Yogini, Rev. Naljorma Joyce Jyothichandra Yeshe Khadro, western Lama, Vajrayana metaphysical teacher, Astrologer (Vedic-Tropical) herbalist, healer, Terton Naljorma, Maha Siddha Jyotih Chandra, Mystic Shaman Lemang Ju, fine artist, choreographer, author-illustrator, percussionist etc.
Teachers: claims to have many, but names nobody
Root Guru: from her MySpace site: “After discovering Padmasambhava's sanskrit mantra in Sanskrit class Naljorma knew she had found her root guru.”
Data about the recognition as a Lama / Maha Siddha / Dakini? Unknown.
How did she become a medium? From her FB group site: Dorje Phagmo "chooses certain woman to be her vessels. Naljorma has been her vessels for many years, and kept it a secret because she feared for her life. She hid in the mountains of America practicing and watching the global evolution of Tibet and the world. It is only at the bidding of the Dorje Phagmo, naljorma speaks for her in this material realm. Like all composite beings Naljorma Joyce has many manifestations over the years, and now speaks with strong wrathful energies about the world situation and the dharma.”
FB group: “rDorje Phagmo speaks: channel Naljorma”: http://www.facebook....gid=72598095798
Dharma Centre: Tantrayana Vajradharma Meditation Center (TVMC) in California: http://www.geocities.com/tvmc_inc/
Unusual teachings: “Regardless of all the pomp and outer ornamentation of the Tibetan Vajrayana system, it is a product of the benefic vortexual intelligence of the Gaian field to stabilize the postive evolution of planet earth. (...) It has had centuries of practice to bring forth the purification of sentient beings in this material realm and interdimensional life forms. (...) I want to reach as many persons as possible with this metaphysical knowledge, which comes from Tibet, Indian, China, Native Americans,Africa, Eygptian mysteries, Brasilian Shamans, Indonesia, western occultists,Japan,and UFO researchers. Mainly TVMC is quite global in its essence. “ (from her MySpace blog)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)