• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Interests:Buddha-Dharma

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

[quote name = 'Kyidzom']Lani je moj sin spra
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---
"For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world." (Arya Shantideva)

#3 Kyidzom

Kyidzom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:03 AM

I think schools and kindergartens don't have the right to refuse vegetarian choice. It would be discrimination.
And to say it is an unhealthy standart is a lie and a shame! Vegetarian diet is much healthier than eating meat. This has been agreed by most Medical Societies in the world since meat-eater tend to develop much more intestinal cancers than vegetarians.

If any school or kindergarten is refusing your son vegetarian choice in Slovenia, please let us know so that we contact the authorities and the Ombudsman.

All the best

Dear Lama thanks for reply.

I will connect with You about this metter.

Everything good,

Kyidzom

#4 Pamo

Pamo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

Dear Rinpoche,

and how about vegan diet, in general, but especially for children?

Thank You.

Pamo

#5 Shenpen.Rinpoche

Shenpen.Rinpoche

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:32 PM

and how about vegan diet, in general, but especially for children?

I am very much in favour of vegetarianism, including from children, given that the adults provide large variety of food to balance the diet efficiently.

In the framework of vegetarianism, no problem. Cheese, and other dairy products, eventually eggs, are bringing all necessary elements for a health.
In the case of veganism, it's more restrictive, and consequently more difficult to balance correctly. Some deficiencies can occur, especially in vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium, iodine and omega-3 fatty acids. I'm not saying it's not possible to have a healthy vegan diet for children, but it's more delicate than vegetarian.

Indeed, it would help reduce the bad conditions of farming, poultry, and other way to bring animal products in our plates or as clothing...

If a lot of people were to become vegan, the society would provide a large range of products to replace. Then it would be ok. Nowadays, it's a bit complicated.
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---
Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world." (Arya Shantideva)

#6 daria

daria

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Glede vpra

#7 draftsman

draftsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:57 AM

Good morning/Dobro jutro,

If any school or kindergarten is refusing your son vegetarian choice in Slovenia, please let us know so that we contact the authorities and the Ombudsman.

English version:

There is an article about this in today's Dnevnik. They checked a few schools, some have around 40 vegetarians (out of 400 pupils). Some schools adapt others don't, so I guess there is no clear rule. O
In the vastness of the sky, without center or edges, the sun shines, illuminating all things without choosing. This is the way you should help beings. Shabkar Tsogdruk Rangdröl (1781-1851)

#8 draftsman

draftsman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:01 PM

English version

Taken from the website of one kindergarden: http://vrtec-vrhnika...hp?lng=sl&pg=68

The opinion of the experts of the Paediatric clinic is that the institutions like kindergarden are not obliged to prepare or provide vegetarian food, since vegetarian food after the second year can be perhaps harmless under strict controlled and expensive preparation (while there are no scientific evidence that it is beneficial). In practice the structure (variety) of vegetarian food is often insufficient (lacking something) due to expert or economic reasons and as such even harmful for the health and that's why it is not recommended in general.
(source: Opinion on the suitability of vegetarian food in educational-caring foundations, 32nd regular session of the RSK for paediatry, 24.5.06)

Slovene version

S spletne strani enega izmed vrtcev: http://vrtec-vrhnika...hp?lng=sl&pg=68

Mnenje strokovnjakov pediatri?ne klinike je, da ustanove kot je vrtec niso dol
In the vastness of the sky, without center or edges, the sun shines, illuminating all things without choosing. This is the way you should help beings. Shabkar Tsogdruk Rangdröl (1781-1851)

#9 Shenpen.Rinpoche

Shenpen.Rinpoche

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:13 AM

:blink:
We should prepare an informational text to be sent to the Ministries of Health and of Education to correct this type of archaic way of thinking!
They are few decades behind! Vegetarianism has been proven to be beneficial (reduction of intestinal cancer for example), etc...

Draftman, a draft should be made! :-//
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---

#10 bhakti

bhakti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

[quote name='draftsman' date='02 December 2009 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1259787670' post='7350']

Mnenje strokovnjakov pediatri?ne klinike je, da ustanove kot je vrtec niso dol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users