2 replies to this topic

#1 Wangmo

Wangmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:08 AM

Another one is "Tshong Tulku" (Pavel Hanč), saying about himself: "I am a tulku, buddhist, meditator, photographer and philosopher." After being asked his Tulku credentials, he removes one from his friends.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

#2 Michael John Smith

Michael John Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:20 AM

Pavel Hanč is a Facebook friend of mine and I have had the opportunity to chat with him from time to time. I know from another Facebook friend of mine that he has been bothersome with his Tulku claim but he is really quite harmless and certainly not out to make any money or become famous. Please if you knew him as I have come to know him you would realise he is a very compassionate young man, practicing with huge obstacles present.

#3 LamaShenphen

LamaShenphen

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Buddha-Dharma

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

if you knew him as I have come to know him you would realise he is a very compassionate young man, practicing with huge obstacles present.

Michael, I do know him since long. He even asked me to ordain him long ago but it appeared that the reasons and his own inner state were not clear.

The point here is not either he is nice person or not. The point is trying to keep a tradition clean of ego implication regarding the use and misuse of titles. "Tulku" is used in a specific frame, requiring credential for that. Pavel has been asked about his claim, and at first didn't answer, since he has no credential for using such title. And no "obstacles present" can justify this.
After, he answered = First answer was: "Buddhism is delusion.", then "If you are a real rinpoche you never ask someone a question if I am tulku or not. Identification is ilusion showing biggest grasping tendencies of oneself which is biggest delusion ever."

This topic, on this forum, is not a yellow-page type of gossiping and pretending to say who is nice or not. It is raising the cases of some people self-proclaimed Lama, Tulku, or Rinpoche. And the danger it represents for Buddha-Dharma, specially in our western world where it is new and without any established authority in this field.
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---
"For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world." (Arya Shantideva)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users