• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:26 PM

Given the connections this false guru claims, it appears important to mention once more that we desagree with this man, and to bring proves and statements that he is a fake master, despite all of his claims!

Two links well documented:

http://www.cultnews....ves/000281.html

http://www.rickross....shambhala2.html

#2 LamaShenphen

LamaShenphen

Advanced Member

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Buddha-Dharma

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

Tashi delek,

Indeed, this all situation is saddening to read about, and to observe the consequences as this is harmful to Dharma.
I think most monasteries and people have no idea how their testimony will be used. Yet, just to write anything that can turn against Dharma - even when it is about receiving money to build a new Temple, buy a pump, or whatever - is a disgrace.

As Kharnang monastery is involved also (among several other monastery claimed on this man’s web site), I feel a part of my responsibility to state my opinion in the matter.
I must say that only few people agree with the connection of Jamyang Rinpoche established with Ron Spencer; and those who did where most probably unable to understand the full matter (not communicating in English and/or having strong faith in Jamyang Rinpoche).
As far as I've understood, Ronald Spencer gave much money to build back the Maitreya Temple of Kharnang, which is a dear project of Jamyang Rinpoche. But to my opinion it doesn’t deserve to bow down in front of this man, pretending to be the reincarnation so many Great Beings!
Jamyang Rinpoche doesn't represent the whole of Kharnang. There are many monks who refused to give katag and bow in front of this impostor. And surprisingly, the old Abbot has been changed even before to finish his mandate. Unfortunate politic.

No one in the Tibetan tradition would believe that he can be the Tulku of Milarepa, Padmasambhava, Lama Tsong Kha Pa, and Buddha Maitreya, all in one. Not to mention that he also claimed to be the rebirth of Jesus Christ and Archangel Michael before!

They claim good connections with Tibetan Government and Monasteries. But, as I was in Sera (South India) lately, I got informed that a warning has been given to the monasteries and their administration about this man. And the administration of the Khamtsen to which Kharnang is connected was very much aware of.
Dharma is so much more important than any money!

Let’s remain aware.

All the very best, Gelong T. Shenphen
Lama Shenpen Rinpoche
---
"For as long as space endures, And as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I too abide, To dispel the misery of the world." (Arya Shantideva)

#3 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

An other interesting thread from E-Sangha:
============================

Speaking of Authenticity, I thought this would be of interest to all those following this thread:

Drepung Loseling Institute
2531 Briarcliff Road, Suite 101
Atlanta, Georgia 30329
Email: institute@drepung.org
Phone: 404-982-0051
Fax: 770-938-9505

The above information is listed openly on the internet and can be found at this official Drepung website:
http://www.drepung.org/Contact.cfm

Here below is the email of inquiry I wrote to Drepung concerning the topic of this thread, I used the email address as listed on their official website (institute@drepung.org) and here is their exact reply back to me:

-----Original Message-----
From: Anotherseller@aol.com [mailto:Anotherseller@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:58 PM
To: institute@drepung.org
Subject: NEEDS TO KNOW IF WESTERN GELUGPA TULKU IS REAL

Hello,

I need to know if the enthronement of Lama Dorje a Western Tulku really happened at
Nyagre Khangtsen. If you click to see this site you will see what is being said:

http://www.tibetanfo...dhaMaitreya.htm

I am a western practitioner who wants to know the truth, I am very interested to know if Lama Dorje is a recognized legitimate Tulku who is blessed by The Rinpoches he says on his website he is blessed by. He says he has given considerable support to Drepung and that Drepung recognizes him to be Tulku.

I think the only way I will know this is to contact Drepung directly.

Please send me an answer soon.

Thankyou

============== the answer ========

Subject: RE: NEEDS TO KNOW IF WESTERN GELUGPA TULKU IS REAL
Date: 11/28/2005 4:18:32 PM Eastern Standard Time
Reply To:
To: Anotherseller@aol.com

Hello,

I consulted with Geshe Yeshe, our Associate Director, regarding your inquiry. We do not recognize that individual as a tulku. It appears he has proclaimed himself as Buddha Maitreya, but we do not accept this, and it seems he is doing this to deceive others.

If you do a web-search on him (or Ronald Lloyd Spencer, his actual name), you will find many sites with more information on who he is.

Best wishes,

Brendan Ozawa-de Silva
Drepung Loseling Institute

#4 Anonymous

Anonymous

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:13 PM

I have been in contact with this Buddha also. It has actually rocked my spiritual belief to it's core. There are many other's who are confused and taken in. Is there a way to stop this man so people will stop being decieved and find the right path?

#5 Khyenrab

Khyenrab

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:51 AM

Tashi Delek,

First of all, he is not a Buddha! He is pretending to be an embodiment of several Buddhas, not to mention the reincarnation of Jesus Christ and Archangel Michael, which is completely absurd!

How to protect others? You can always spread the word about falsity of this man's claims, which are in total discord with the authentic Tibetan Buddhist Tradition. Some journalists might be happy to report about it...

All done with the good intention to protect BuddhaDharma and to protect others. :)

With best wishes,
Khyenrab

#6 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:15 PM

Dear Miss Tina,

I don't know if your question was a rhetorical or practical one, but for any case I’ll add an answer.

Is there a way to stop this man so people will stop being decieved and find the right path?

Sociologically, public awareness (education, media) together with legal, social, and psychological infrastructure and positive examples (of a victim becoming a victor and a con man becoming a jailed man) can do much.

On a deeper level it depends on ethical values of a society and each individual.

Practically, it depends on ourselves and the conditions in which we live in. Some experts dealing with this topic are usually available in most of the cities/countries.

Your post has already contributed some awareness! Thank you. :D

All the very best,
Chödrön

#7 Anonymous

Anonymous

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

All of this information has been extremely helpful. Thank you everyone for such great words. After much thought on the subject I have decided to take action through prayer and awareness. I want to continue good Dharma. I am now clear on my path at this moment and feel that love, compassion and prayer are the best answer for me in this situation. It's unfortunate that this has occured, hopefully it will bring more awareness and compassion to all who are involved. Thank you again for all the input it is extremely helpful.

#8 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:36 PM

Hello,

From their web site:
"[...]So one phase was the first initiation, creating Lamaism, the first initiation.
500 years later I come back and I create Atisha's relationship as to, Why Lamaism, and how to deal with Lamaism, and how to deal with compassion and intuition and how to not work with certain kinds of belief systems and actually furthering all the original teachings of Gautama Buddha, more toward living in a more compassionate state, living in a more giving, kind, all those kinds of things.
[...]
so then all of sudden, for 500 years teachings start coming in from Maitreya, by the students who are receiving the love, of becoming Maitreya. They all become emanations of Maitreya the Christ, for 500 years.
So all these Tulkus that I'm coming to find are emanations of me that I've set up for 500 years and they're me actually.. and I'm my best student. ..So when I go out and deal with the Tulkus I'm actually talking to myself, dealing with myself, cooperating with a great big reality and that's what happens within the Hierarchy of the Christ Principle is that the Christ Principle is in a relationship of establishing an individual relationship with people - the Second Coming of Christ."

So, here we are. We could think that he got better and forgot about being reincarnation of ALL the masters of the past... No, he is all of them :loco:, meeting himself, learning from himself! :roll: Sounds a bit "self-suffisent", no? :))

Alan

#9 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

By the way, did you noticed that Kharnang monastery has completely disappeared from their web site?

Might be connected with the fact that Ron Spencer and Shambala Church abandoned Yantrul Rinpoche before even the end of the tour that was organised by Shambala Church? Reason invoked: Yangtrul Rinpoche's anger and violence toward his own monks, and toward a "nun" of the Shambala Church! True or not?

Yantrul Rinpoche might not have prostrated enough in front of "Maitreya/Spencer"!

Alan

#10 Wangmo

Wangmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:54 AM

Tashi Delek!

By the way, did you noticed that Kharnang monastery has completely disappeared from their web site?
Might be connected with the fact that Ron Spencer and Shambala Church abandoned Yantrul Rinpoche before even the end of the tour that was organised by Shambala Church? Reason invoked: Yangtrul Rinpoche's anger and violence toward his own monks, and toward a "nun" of the Shambala Church! True or not?

I don't have so many information on this whole affair, but: if we take into account that this gentleman also claims to be the incarnation of nearly all Masters who ever walked this Earth - then we can have a little doubt about whatever else he says. :twisted:

In any case, it is good that Kharnang monastery disappeared from that website - it is a shame for any monastery to appear in such context, as it then seems they are supporting his fallacious claims ... Whatever the real nature of the connection is. No good to be associated with such a man, and if he even promised to donate one million dollars. Because if one thing he says isn't true, the other can be a lie too. :twisted:

Best wishes.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

#11 tatjana

tatjana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

Tashi Delek!

I'm astonish how some peopel don't spend with using the words and took evry possible situation to judge the acttions of others even then when they know very little or nothing abut the matter. I can only say that two years ago, I was in a small group of peopel who took Medicine Buddha initiation from Yantrul Rinpche. He was/is highly respected teacher who has reached all possible levels in Sutra and Tantra. Some people claim him as a Budda. So, how can we with our deluted mind say even one single kritical word about the situation/ about the monestry in front of which is such a high authority as Yantrul Rinpoche? Is it possible that in the meantime something/sombady change?
tatjana

#12 Wangmo

Wangmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

Tashi Delek dear Tatjana!

I am not sure to what exactly you refer, but maybe a small clarification to avoid any possible misunderstandings: the previous posts criticse the activities and words of this Mr. Spencer, who claimed to be connected with Kharnang monastery; and who also claimed that Yangtrul Rinpoche reacted with anger and violence against his own monks and a "nun" of the Shambhala Church, as Alan wrote.
So on this website, nobody has been criticising Yangtrul Rinpoche.
But if your post refers to what Mr. Spencer has been saying about Yangtrul Rinpoche, then I agree. I just wanted to be absolutely clear. :)

All the best.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

#13 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

and who also claimed that Yangtrul Rinpoche reacted with anger and violence against his own monks and a "nun" of the Shambhala Church, as Alan wrote.
So on this website, nobody has been criticising Yangtrul Rinpoche.

Just a note: Alan's post doesn't claim that this has been written on their web site (Church of Shambala). This is actually the reason given verbally about why they stopped to support Yangtrul Rinpoche.

Thank you.

#14 tatjana

tatjana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:11 AM

Tashi Delek dear Wangmo!

I don't care what Mr. Spencer has been saying about anybody. I have no conection with him.
If on this website nobody has been criticising Yangtrul Rinpoche and his decisions made out of his wisdom than I have no need for further clarification :D . Otherwise we can spend all night discussing the matter of faiht .

All the best.
tatjana

#15 Wangmo

Wangmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:45 AM

Tashi Delek dear Tatjana!

I don't care what Mr. Spencer has been saying about anybody. I have no conection with him.

But I do care about it, as it could be harmful for the Dharma ... Because it isn't just anybody Mr. Spencer has been speaking bad words about - it is Yangtrul Rinpoche.

Otherwise we can spend all night discussing the matter of faiht .

No, indeed, I do not wish to discuss faith, either at night or at day. I see faith as something which is felt and developed, and expressed in actions - and not necessarily as a topic of disscussion.
And the "level of faith" of an individual is hard to estimate, so maybe it is best to reserve it for discussions with Qualified Teachers.

Best wishes. :)

#16 tatjana

tatjana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:39 AM

Tashi Delek dear Wangmo,

... the clear mental attitude is the real, powerful "Protector" of Dharma. so, I will continue to purify it.
;-F
have a nice day,
tatjana

#17 Anonymous

Anonymous

• Guests
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:07 PM

Some of the monks from Kharnang were here in the US this month and refused to sign a document for this man, stating that he was the incarnation of Jesus and Buddha. Immigration was called, and the monks were jailed. They are currently released, but pending an immigration hearing here in Nebraska/Iowa area in the US.

These monks stood up to this organization, even though it caused them much grief. They should be applauded.

Here is a link to a local news article on the matter.
http://www.ketv.com/...792/detail.html

#18 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:38 PM

Hi,
If you are from the States, could you confirm that a court case is pending on Yantrul Rinpoche and his monks for having molested a nun there? Or not? I just heard about it.
Alan

#19 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

You might have noticed that the "nun" mentioned in this is a woman "ordained" by Ronald Spencer, and therefore not a nun, because this man is not ordained and consequently cannot ordain!!

Now, you have also to consider that the accusation is in America, where to look/stare at a woman can be considered as "sexual harassment"! Therefore, you may need to know the whole, complete, and objective story before to through in any judgment...

Thank you

#20 justinjapan

justinjapan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:05 AM

It seems the work of the 'American Buddha', Ronald Spenser continues.

How about making a page on him and his organisations on Wikipiedia as a way to combat people being mislead by his claims ? I'd like to know what people think about this idea.
I don't think there would be any need to write anything but the facts about him with references and links to such things as the civil claim that 'Shambhala International' made against him and press articles on the incident with Tibetan monks being arrested by immigration. In short I hope just holding up an impartial mirror showing his activities should be enough for people to make a better informed decision about if they want to follow him or spend a lot of money on his products.
Wikipedia is so widely accessed it seems a good vehicle to do this. I have concerns that there is a danger that any publicity would be good publicity for him and that members of his own workforce would start an 'edit war' constantly removing anything negative.
What do people think ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users