9 replies to this topic

#1 antonlev

antonlev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 03:53 PM

Hello everybody,

At the religious conference in Maribor, I was surprised to see that was invited to represent Buddhism a woman dressed Tibetan like. She presented herself as the Buddhist union of Slovenia, but I never saw her before, or heard of any activities she would have organized in Slovenia. Does any of you know her? Her name also was quite strange, a great compilation of titles:
LAMA TARA DROLKHAR RINPOCHE - TARA TULKU DRIMED DROLKAR

Which leaves to think she considers herself as an emanation of Tara as she writes she is Tara Tulku.

Is it another self made teacher like the American man pretending to be Buddha Maitreya? Does anybody know something about this woman, who she is, etc...

Thanks for the infos if you have some.

#2 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

Yes, we have been surprised also.

1. Indeed, that woman never show up since Dharmaling is going to the Governmental Office for Religious communities's meetings (2003).

2. She "unify" nothing but herself, so the title under which she registered is questionable.

3. She claimed to be recognised by Namkhey Norbu Rinpoche (Head of the Dzochen community).
Unfortunately, Namkhey Norbu Rinpoche answered our request by the foolowing:

Date: Thursday, October 12, 2006, 5:29:33 AM
Subject: "Lama Tara Drolkhar Rinpoche"
===8<==============Original message text===============
Thank you very much for your E-mail info. It is really very important thing for keeping our pure Dharma continuetion in the future time.

I don't know and I have no idea at all who is that lady called "Lama Tara Drolkhar Rinpoche", I never recognized any Tara Tulku.

Any way, I'll check about it immediately and make clear that there is nothing to do with me and the DzogchenCommunity.

Thank you again for your efforts.

With many Tashi Delegs NN.
===8<===========End of original message text===========

Saddly, she might create some confusions in the Slovene religious field... But, karma, karma...

Thank you.

#3 Guest_Tomaž_*

Guest_Tomaž_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

Good evening,

I found another information about her activity that could be interesting for you. Her true name, Alenka Bone, is on the list of persons supplying O.T.O. with material about "sex magicians" (point 21): http://user.cyberlin...t/books/oto.htm

O.T.O. (Ordo Templi Orientis) is an organization that practices the ideas of Aleister Crowley. As far as I know, some followers of Crowley's ideas are gathering in the White Gnostic Church (Bela gnostična cerkev), another registered community, which was present on the conference in Maribor. No surprise, the representatives of both communities, Buddha Dharma and Bela Gnostična cerkev, were sitting together and obviously knew each other well.

Best regards,
Tomaž

#4 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 09:13 AM

An other email we received:

Date: Friday, October 13, 2006, 12:50:34 PM
Subject: Fwd: Re: "Lama Tara Drolkhar Rinpoche"

===8<==============Original message text===============

I'm Luigi Ottaviani, Director of Shang Shung Institute for Tibetan studies, founded by Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
We manage things like you report (people who claim false things about Rinpoche).

Rinpoche never recognised that woman (sincerely he has no idea who she could be).

Pease send me the address/telephone/email or the data to contact that person to stop this unfair activity of pretending to have any contact with Rinpoche and Dzogchen Community.

Thank you very much,

Luigi Ottaviani
Director
Shang Shung Institute for Tibetan Studies

#5 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

For information:
For the above content (Dharmaling having proved that this woman has no ground whatsoever to bear the name of Lama, and even less of Tulku or Rinpoche), she and her association 'Buddha-Dharma' sent a letter to the general attorney of Ljubljana accusing Lama Shenphen Rinpoche of hate speech and promotion of discrimination, etc... Yet, the complaint has been dropped by the Justice after simple verifications (especially since the only things we have done was exposing facts). But this woman continues to search ways to harm Rinpoche and Dharmaling, spreading gossips even to various administration.

#6 Gigu

Gigu

Main moderator

• Administrators
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

After much thought regarding what to do and how to react to the agression from Mme alenka Bone towards Dharmaling and Lama Shenpen Rinpoche, we would like to bring a certain clarification regarding a situation in Slovenia.

There is a handful of people registered as "Buddha-Dharma, union of Buddhists of Slovenia", led by a woman who calls herself: "Her Eminence Lama Tara Tulku Drimed Drolkhar Rinpoche", Mme Alenka Bone.
It seems any name and basically any titles can be used, as long as it is not for the purpose of misleading to get any kind of benefits. Everyone is also free to express their opinion. Therefore, not being able to immediately act upon the above mentioned questionable name of this group and titles used by this woman, we will at least express ourselves and provide our members with proper information.

A. Titles:
To use titles such as "Lama", "Tulku", "Rinpoche", you need to have either followed special education (for Lama) or to have been officially recognized by a monastery and/or an already established Master.
A1. She claimed to have been recognized by a Master called Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche.
A1.1. We contacted him, and He said to never have done so.
A1.2. This woman has no validation for the title she is using. It is like if she would pretend to be PhD without diploma or Bishop without nomination.
A1.3. Ironically, she claims to be the reincarnation of Tara, a Buddha! It is like if in the West she would claim to be not less than the reincarnation of Virgin Marie! This is to point of the level of nonsense of the situation.

B. Name of the community:
B1. It is highly questionable to use the word "union of Buddhist of Slovenia" when we actually unify nothing, and when we are only a handful of people
B2. Since Dharmaling is present in Slovenia, we have heard about no activity done by this person, and -as far as we know- she came only once (in November 2008) to a meeting of the Office for Religious Communities (and with the intention of spreading remarks against us).

C. Aggressions:
C1. A letter has been sent by "Buddha Dharma - Union of Buddhist of Slovenia" and Mme Alenka Bone to the State district attorney of Ljubljana accusing personally Lama Shenphen Rinpoche "Violation of Right to Equality (Article 141 of the Penal Code valid at that time)" and "Stirring Up Ethnic, Racial or Religious Hatred, Strife or Intolerance, based on the breach of the principle of equality (Article 300 of the Penal Code valid at that time)". After Police investigation, the case was not even engaged.
C2. Mme Alenka Bone has informed publically during the meeting of Religious Communities that she would continue to accuse us of hate speech, and that she already contacted the Ombudsman and other Offices.

D. For information:
D1. Buddhist Congregation Dharmaling is very active in Slovenia since 2002, with an intensive program of lectures and religious practices. But has also created a Foundation to provide non-religious services and means of help to the society.
D2. The Abbot of Dharmaling, Lama Shenpen Rinpoche possesses the official document attesting about the tiles used along His name, in accordance with the tradition of Buddhism from Tibetan lineage.
D3. After the information and dedication of our actions for the greater good of the society has been evaluated, the State of Slovenia and Dharmaling have signed in July 2008 an agreement.

E. Consequently:
E1. 0,5% of taxes - The above mentioned religious group has been registered has able to receive this tax, but should not be mix with the Buddhist Congregation Dharmaling. We are not the same organization at all.
E2. Since after the court attempt they didn't decided to stop their gossip, Dharmaling - after having been patient long enough - will react in the most appropriate way, in accordance with our lawyers advises.
E3. First, it is to inform the public, so that any incorrect actions of "Buddha Dharma" or her founder won't affect neither Buddhism in Slovenia nor our Congregation, in our effort to inform the public about traditional and authentic Buddhism.

#7 antonlev

antonlev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

Tashi Delek,

Could you tell me, if this has something to do with Buddhism?
I personally find it quite ridiculous, and misplaced. I don't know if it is the look, the music, the gestures or maybe the combination of all with visual effects ...

http://fr.youtube.co...h?v=ovPswzxKIeQ

#8 Alan

Alan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:59 AM

I personally find it quite ridiculous, and misplaced. I don't know if it is the look, the music, the gestures or maybe the combination of all with visual effects ...

"BUDHIST CHI KUNG ENERGY WORKOUT" ?? With Hawaï music behind, looks like gymnastic for old age people :D

#9 Wangmo

Wangmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 01:55 AM

Ow, really, this is supposed to be Buddhist qigong! :))

I do several forms of qigong regularly, and some other activities that may fall under the general definition "energy workout", and NONE looks like this! These are just some simple exercises, like very light gymnastics or some kind of dance, or maybe something else ... but, indeed, it isn't qigong.

BTW: Qigong has to be learned personally, from a qualified teacher, and not from some sort of video/DVD/TV etc. There is a known "qigong disease" arising from wrong qigong practice. Just in case anybody wanted to copy this old lady :D
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. (Bruce Lee)

#10 Ani.Chödrön

Ani.Chödrön

Advanced Member

• Sangha
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

From the profile of Mrs. Bone on the Plaxo web site:

"Tara Rinpoche Tulku is studying RAINBOW LIGHT GREAT ATTAINMENT-pure vision of Vajrasattva-by Grand Master Lu in 1996. Jan.29,2009 OM AH HUM SVAHA"
http://www.plaxo.com...9/Tara/Rinpoche

Note: Grand Master Lu is also highly controversal teacher, claiming that he is a lineage holder of Tibetan Buddhist schools etc., while this was officially denied. In fact, Tibetan monasteries have been advised to avoid contact with him, to diminish the possibility that they could be misrepresented for his own benefit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lu_Sheng-yen#Controversies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users