Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Goodie

Where are karmic seeds?

Tashi Delek! :)

If consciousness is only a succession of mental activities, where are then the karmic seeds stored?

Thanks,

Goodie

Guest lodreu

Dear Boris,

One mental state doesn't erase the energy created by the previous one. The karmic imprints of one moment of disturbed consciousness remain and are included in the next one, as it is the basis, the cause for the next moment. :wink:

Best regards,

Lodeu

Tashi Delek!

Interesting question: where are Karmic seed "stored"... I think it is very difficult to explain some spiritiual (pr better: non material...) phenomena with words, which are somehow connected with time and space. "Where" refers to some "place" within the space, and withinin this space there is something "stored". I think, because I've never seen a Karmic seed as it is (I just experience it's result...), that there is no place (in conventional meaning), where can such seeds be stored. I can not even imagine this (some "boxes" within our mind: white coloured for good and maybe black for bad seeds), because the "understanding" of where are carmic seeds stored (and the like..) is only possible (so I think) when both realities (conventional and ultimate) are perceived at the same time, and only Buddha is able to perceive in such way. Or even more: what we call carmic seeds is a convention (spiritual phenomena?), which has no self- inherent existance, so: what to store where? :? And is it up to us to care, "where" some seeds are "stored"? Maybe they are in a little green ball in the middle of Shunyata? :D I personally prefer to practice, how to be a better being, and such questions can not fulfill my task.

Be well.