Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gonpo

Sangye Menla Puja

Why write what is already written: dharma-haven.org/tibetan/medicine-buddha.htm

And many others on google.com :)

These only medicine Buddha sadhanas, not medicine buddha puja ritual. Kalsang lama said: You may cure yourself with the medicine Buddha sadanas, and if you'll cure the peoples, you do the Sangye Menla puja (medicine buddha ritual with tormas and etc.).

The puja would interest me not the sadhana!

Thanks!

Kalsang lama said:

Who is this Lama?

The puja would interest me not the sadhana!

This is ridiculous. Sadhana is the text on which you base the puja!

But in order to know how to made the puja, the tormas, etc.. you need the commentary from a qualified person. And that is usually not exposed on a forum...

By the way, it's not because you know how to perform a puja that you "cure" the others. You can emit wishes and dedicate the merits of the puja for someone, or others, it doesn't provide a "cure"... The cure occurs when the karma of the patient is ready. And only a qualified Lama would know what the karma of the patients is, to apply eventually the right method, or decide there is very little to be done at that moment.

Who is this Lama?

Ok I understand! Thanks!

Kalsang lama? He by way of Sakya Trinzin's affiliated resident tibetan teacher in hungary!

A non sectarian RIME view lama in "Szakja tasi csöling". Same as you in Dharmaling.

http://www.szakja.hu/english/index.htm

Kalsang lama:

Lama Kalsang was born in Eastern Tibet, in Congh Shi in the Makham Zhong province. Lama Kalsang was ten when he followed his father’s recommendation and became a monk. His father said that Lama Kalsang was born on an especially lucky and auspicious day. He was born on Saga Dawa Düchen, which is the day of birth, enlightenment and parinirvana of Sakyamuni Buddha.

There are deep roots of Tibetan spiritual tradition in Lama Kalsang’s familiy. One of his grandfathers’ brother also was a tulku lama in the Nyigma tradition called Ngolu Tulku Rinpoche. His uncle was the reincarnation of Kara Lama and Lama Kalsang himself also a Tulku. When he was 10 Lama Kalsang took refuge from Kunna Penchen rinpoche. After the refuge ceremony Rinpoche said to Lama’s father that Lama Kalsang is the reincarnation of Kunna Khenpo Tsering.

Lama Kalsang has been studying in Kunna Sakya Monastery for 13 years under the guidance of Penchen Rinpoche. At these times after he received the main basic teachings and initiations of the Sakya lineage he went to a four month long teaching series where he received Nyigmapa Lineage initiation and teachings called Rinchen Tenzo from Khalto Khenpo Jayam and Tulku Loga Rinpoche.

He was 23 when he traveled to the largest Tibetan Sakya Monastery, the Lhankam Chemo where he received the most important teachings and initiations, like Lam Dre, Lobshey, Tsogshey, Dhuta Kündü, Dzüde Kündü and all Sakya lineage initiations and teachings from Lama Loga Rinpoche. During the two years that he spent there Lama Kalsang went for the first longer Vajrapani retreat in the Natsal Palace which was His Holiness Sakya Trizin’s previous residence in Tibet.

Lama Kalsang left Tibet in 1991 after a pilgrimage to the Kailash Mountain. They marched for 15 days carrying food, cloths and all the necessary equipment.

In 1992 the Lama arrived to Rajpur (Dehra Dun) where he met at first time personally with His Holiness Sakya Trizin. Then in 1993 according to His Holiness advice the Lama joined and continued his studies in the Sakya College. He studied there for 9 years with the guidance of Khenpo Migma Tsering. Finally he deserved the title of Acharya (Geshe) which is the highest graduation award after Buddhist Studies. Then the Lama went for different retreats like Rigszum, Manjushri, Vajrapani and Avalokiteshvara and the longest one took for 6 months.

During the nine years spent in Sakya College in 1993 through a three months period Lama Kalsang received Dhuta Kundu, all the most important teachings and initiations of Sakya Lineage from His Holiness the Sakya Trizin in Kathmandu in Nepal. In 1994 and 1995 Lama received all Gzude Kundu teachings and initiations of Sakya lineage from His Holiness in the Ngopa Monastery in Dehra Dun, India. In 1996 Lama Kalsang also received all Lam Dre Tsogshey teachings and initiations of Sakya lineage from His Holiness in Sakya Centre of Rajpur in Dehra Dun, India and in 2001 He received all Lam Dre Logshey teachings and initiations of Sakya lineage from His Holiness in Sakya Dhu Kham in Dehra Dun, India.

In 2002 His Holiness sent Him as a resident Lama first time to Malaysia and thereafter He served in Singapoore as second mission from 2004 to 2006 where he led the Sakya Community.

For the request of Sakya Tashi Choling in Budapest His Holiness designated Budapest, Hungary for Lama Kalsang as next mission to serve as resident Lama. He arrived to Budapest in October of 2006 where He is living at present. Lama Kalsang is giving teachings and initiation not only in Hungary but in other European countries.

Nice evening:

Gonpo

Ok, thank you.

Yet, it doesn't change anything about sadhana/puja.

You have the short sadhana, middle, and long one. They can be performed "simply", or with all the tormas, mudras, etc...

Ok, thank you.

Yet, it doesn't change anything about sadhana/puja.

You have the short sadhana, middle, and long one. They can be performed "simply", or with all the tormas, mudras, etc...

You're welcome!

I understand.

I already 12 of his years I do the Sangye Menla practice. And also I do the bon Menla practice. It's a beautiful method! I love it!

I wish you very nice day!

Gonpo (Viktor)