Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nyima

Sveto in Svet

Guest nyima

Hello to all,

I will speak more to the Slovene persons of this forum, sorry for others. I've seen the show in Sveto in Svet program, and it was nice, what Lama Shenphen said and the presentation. Also I liked what the monk said at the beginning.

There was I think plenty of time for everybody to speak, no fightings, also different points of view.

About buddhist groups in Slovenia, it was mainly mentioned about Dharmaling. I don't critisize, as it gave me the opportunity to find this place, this forum also and I can see it's great, big program and lots of activities. But I wonder why you didn't say something about other buddhist groups?

Also there was no indication on this program like "this is the list of the Buddhist groups", "where to find Dharmaling" etc.. Because here all is written, but otherwise how to know where the teachings are and all??

Any comments anyone?

Adio, Nyima. :P

Guest Ani.Chödrön

Hi Nyima,

I don’t know what was the aim of the TV team, but there might be some reasons for this kind of show, not meaning that it couldn’t be different:

- Dharmaling is the biggest Buddhist group in Slovenia, it keeps rising and spreading its activities. Presenting such a group is usually more interesting for media then an expertise about similarities and differences of different groups. Besides for the later you need a stronger background while the first can be shaped in a more personal story line.

- Formally – although not necessary actually – associations are considered as less dedicated as religious groups. Dharmaling is the only registered active Buddhist religious group in Slovenia, the only one with sangha and the abbot, who is besides a Tulku.

- For people who would like to present Buddhism in general but do not know well Buddhist groups (in any country the situation would be the same) it might be hard to decipher to whichs extent a group is or is not mixed with new age or personal interests. Dharmaling follows the unbroken traditional lineage of teachings and it often exposes it. So the source is pure.

Of course Buddhist schools rise from the same ground and aim towards the same goal. I believe that an exiting discussion between different groups would easily dim the common roots. So, if the aim was to present Buddhist Path and its values, as I understand the concept of the show, I think it wasn’t such a bad idea to frame it this way. It leaves it opened to continue in plenty of other possible ways.

Best regards,

Chödrön

Guest nyima

Thank you for your answers, I will look on the web site. Actually I don't need since there is this web site :)

I understand what you are saying about tradition i think. I don't know so much about the other groups, i thought they were bigger than this. Actually there is also the Tibet Support Group who is organizing teachings and practices, and they are a bigger group. There also was some conference about Kalachakra practice by their president one year and a half ago I think.

Does it mean that these other groups are not able to receive new members if there are no teachers? How would they explain things to them if they cannot teach?

Also it seems in your organization there is only one teacher and many monks, why aren't they also teachings?

Thank you again, nyima

Guest lodreu

Tashi Delek,

Actually there is also the Tibet Support Group who is organizing teachings and practices, and they are a bigger group. There also was some conference about Kalachakra practice by their president one year and a half ago I think.

Everybody is taking the responsabilty of what he is teaching. :? Nevertheless I would like to mention the fact that teaching is a hudge responsibility. Whatever mistake you make and stays in people's mind, will be a negativity on which you will also get some consequences.

I personnaly won't teach unless asked by my teacher, and I will make sure that I understood what I can teach, and what subject. I will even consider it as a discussion more than a "teaching".

The problem is coming from pride, ego burst, during which we consider that we are "able to", because we are "better than ..." A very common mistake :roll:

In societies like the Tibetan one, this wasn't possible. If you would give teachings like this everybody would laugh about. But in the west it's very easy to promote whatever "stuff".

I don't consider that only monks can teach :-) But it should be done inside a framework, with a good background, and under a good guidance.

About the TSG by itself, they are mainly a politic organization, even though it has been organising event of religious content before Lama Shenphen was in Slovenia. Thanks to them, as it was a good preparation, and made a good sensibilisation.

Now Dharmaling is existing and fully functionning as a religious community, with a growing Sangha. So it's good to leave to people to do what they are good to :-) . The TSG is a good politico-cultural movement, and Dharmaling a good traditional religious movement.

Both can organize cultural events, though for Dharmaling it would be in the framework of religious events. TSG can benefit Tibet mostly from the politic point of view; Dharmaling can benefit Buddhism through its activities. It would actually allow a better cooperation and work, without the risk of any "fight for fame".

Best regards,

Lodreu.

There also was some conference about Kalachakra practice by their president one year and a half ago I think.
It is indeed sometime "strange" (for the least) to see a beginner to give a "teaching" about a such hight topic as Kalachakra... It is said we are in degenerated times! But in this case, I don't know who gave what exactly...

Does it mean that these other groups are not able to receive new members if there are no teachers? How would they explain things to them if they cannot teach?
We have to ask ourselve: 1) what is the point of a group? Just to bring up some more ego trip? Or to engage into the Dharma practice? And then, 2) how to engage into the practice correctly without a Teacher?

A beginner guiding a beginner is like a blind guiding a blind...

Also it seems in your organization there is only one teacher and many monks, why aren't they also teachings?
Many monks, many monks... As far as I understood, there aren't 'many' monks yet in Slovenia! ;) But if the monks do not teach, it might means that they haven't learn enough to do so! One person cannot decide just like that, from a day to an other, to become a Dharma teacher.

As Ven. Lodrö mentioned above, in the Tibetan society, anyone cannot just pretend to be a Lama, a Rinpoche, or a Dharma teacher! In the West, it seems that people have no shame to pretend such things... may they be Tibetan and pretend to be Rinpoche, or Westerner and pretend to be teacher or Lama...

A teach, one need the authorization from his Abbot or his own Master... taken in consideration that the Master is himself a qualified one...

Vast subjet this one... But surely it is good to go into it again and again, to avoid abuse from so called "teachers" over blind beginners; and preserve the quality of Dharma teachings as much as possible.

Thank you.

Tashi Delek,

There is a text from Alex Berzin on this topic: HERE in English and HERE in Slovene.

Talking about different groups, if I would meet with a person willing to practice Dharma, but not "fitting" in our community (different motivation, etc...), and if a group would be able to guide such person (ie with a proper Teacher), I wouldn't hesitate a second to redirect that person to that group!

And as a matter of fact, we already advertised several times for other groups' activities (of course, when it appears to us that such activities is according to the Traditional Path of Tibetan Buddhism), and there is a forum on this web site for other groups to pass information about their activities.

Dharmaling is not "seeking" for more and more people, in search of popularity. We are only praying and acting to bring Buddha-Dharma in the best way to as many people as possible. And, indeed, around 200 persons have taken Refuge in two years through our activities.

I let aside the financial part (as if we would like to grow in order to get more money) because our activities are free, and there is no membership fee (people donate if they want, if they can). So we are not seeking more people to get more money...

We are not in conflict with any other Buddhist groups in Slovenia, but seeking a peaceful collaboration between all of them.

There is no fight inside Dharmaling, but a feeling of harmony among the people; and a nice 'team' ready to enter into action every time we organise a teaching or an event. Dharmaling wish to be a Dharma-family, providing support and advises for every moment of the daily life, for the people to walk, in security, on the Eight Fold Path of Buddha-Dharma.

All the best, Gelong T. Shenphen

Hi Nyima,

different people have different connections, different backgrounds, so there are a lot of different ways to engage in practice. Unfortunately, the Dharma in Slovenia is quite young, so there's quite a few groups without a resident teacher, but they invite teachers from their lineages to come and teach here, or they go outside of slovenia for teachings but they also practice together here.

And then there are different levels of teachers - Dharmaling community is very lucky to have Lama Shenphen resident here, who is a Lama and a recognized tulku, and so he can guide people very well, for those that are interested and can connect with this style of presentation.

Shambhala community has an authorized meditation instructor (me), who has been authorized to give meditation instruction to people and to guide them personally for hinayana,mahayana and beginning Shambhala levels of teachings, but not vajrayana. So, although I don't have much experience and knowledge, I have been asked by my teachers to start teaching beginning courses, so I am doing my best in sharing what my teachers have given me.

Shambhala teachings and presentation have a very specific style, that has been started by its founder Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche, and many people who don't feel attracted to more traditional approach find this very helpful. It's a very direct style of teaching, and goes right to the core of the matter and presents the old teachings with a fresh and new vocabulary, yet keeping the essence and the tradition that gave birth to it. Sometimes the directness is also quite challenging. We also invite a lot of teachers from abroad - for example there will be a teacher from Austria teaching in November, from England in December and then we have 2 more programs planned for April and May. We will also be starting a Shambhala school of Buddhist studies in November, this time focusing on Mahayana teachings and especially on the Lojong slogans for training the mind by Atisha.

Theravading group is one of the oldest groups in Slovenia, and they are quite strong - they've been organizing quite a few retreats and inviting teachers regularly and lately they have started organizing one day introductions to their style of meditation once per month.

Zen group is quite in the beginning, they usually organize one retreat per year. Their numbers are small, but if you are interested in zazen, then you can check with them, though i don't think they can provide much guidance. But then, in Zen, the path is also quite different, and many times you get very little instructions, besides "just sit".

And then there are a few other Tibetan Buddhist groups that are practicing teachings given to them by their teachers, and they are mostly closed groups, since you can't participate in those practices unless you've been given same empowerments and instructions. You could say there are more of a support group for people doing the same practice.

A Nyingma group (Yeshe Khorlo) is in the beginning stages, they have invited some teachers in the past and have 2 very prominent teachers scheduled for next year.

So, I hope I haven't forgotten anyone, but I think this is rougly the picture in Slovenia as far as I know it.

Regards,

Robert

Guest nyima

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the details. I think it's more clear now. There are several Buddists here, in different traditions. One has a resident Lama, "Dharmaling", and one a resident teacher "Shambala".

Frankly for me it looks that there are two organized groups, Dharmaling and Shambala, the other groups (Nyima and Theravada) invite one teacher some time in the year (how many times?), and the rest of the time meet. The other groups are people meeting without guidance. Except individually when they go in person to meet one teacher.

And the Tibet Support Group isn't a Buddhist group? Because they invited the Dalaï Lama didn't they? But maybe only for cultural as Lodreu said.

But I think it's allready good that there are two groups like this, we are not so big country.

Nyima.

Thanks for the details. I think it's more clear now. There are several Buddists here, in different traditions. One has a resident Lama, "Dharmaling", and one a resident teacher "Shambala".

Well, not a teacher. There are different levels of official authorization in Shambhala, and I am just a meditation instructor who has also been asked to teach certain topics.

Frankly for me it looks that there are two organized groups, Dharmaling and Shambala, the other groups (Nyima and Theravada) invite one teacher some time in the year (how many times?), and the rest of the time meet. The other groups are people meeting without guidance.   Except individually when they go in person to meet one teacher.

And the Tibet Support Group isn't a Buddhist group? Because they invited the Dalaï Lama didn't they? But maybe only for cultural as Lodreu said.

The TSG isn't a buddhist group, though a lot of members are Buddhists, though definitely not all, I don't think it's even a majority. And yes, the have invited H.H. the Dalai Lama some years ago and have also organized visits by different teachers to teach Buddhism.

In my opinions it is not necessary and useless to divide things into religious and secular. There is no way you can have Tibet without Buddhism, it is an essential espect of it.

However, the TSG is in its aims a more politically oriented/humanitarian organization, whose main purpose is to help Tibet in any way it can. Though many would argue that it is impossible to separate political and humanitarian action from Buddhism as well.

And yes, I think the Dharma situation is going well, a lot thanks to enormous work done by Dharmaling. We all do what we can.

Regards,

Robert

Hello Nyima :)

Just one small corection. H. H. The XIV Dalai Lama was invited to Slovenia by the University in Ljubljana and not TSG. TSG just gave support. Thanx and alll well

In my opinions it is not necessary and useless to divide things into religious and secular. There is no way you can have Tibet without Buddhism, it is an essential espect of it.

Why? Buddhism has existed before entering to Tibet, and in other countries. And nowaday, the form of Buddhism developped initially in Tibet do exist and expand outside Tibet very well!

The difference to be made here, it seems, it absolutely not between "religious" and "secular", but between politico-cultural and religious. When non-religious people try to organize events to bring light to the culture of a country, it brings misunderstanding and mistakes about the foundament of the religion... specially when those organisors know so little about the Tradition!

Though many would argue that it is impossible to separate political and humanitarian action from Buddhism as well.

What people argue for is irrelevant; fact matter, Texts and Teachings matter. What Buddhism has to do with politic ?

Thank you.

Just one small corection. H. H. The XIV Dalai Lama was invited to Slovenia by the University in Ljubljana  and not TSG. TSG just gave support. Thanx and alll well

This is legally correct, though not in meaning. U of L invited him on the behalf of TSG so it would give enough weight to the invitation (for our political factions, not for the Tibetan side) and basically, beside written the letter they haven't been involved (and giving a place for his talk at Faculty of Law).

Regards,

Robert

This is legally correct, though not in meaning. U of L invited him on the behalf of TSG so it would give enough weight to the invitation (for our political factions, not for the Tibetan side) and basically, beside written the letter they haven't been involved (and giving a place for his talk at Faculty of Law). Robert

Hm Robert ...

Maybe we can say that H.H. Dalai Lama was invited by the slovenian people, who accumulated enough positive karma for the visit? :wink:

Well, my only intention was to make things clear:

- H.H. was oficially invited NOT by the TSG, NOT by the Slovenian government but by the University

- Dr. Mencinger was Dalai Lama's host and confered him an honorary doctorate

We don't want people to be confused don't we? As fas as we know that human memory is very unreliable think.

All the best

Guest Ani.Chödrön
U of L invited him on the behalf of TSG so it would give enough weight to the invitation (for our political factions, not for the Tibetan side) and basically, beside written the letter they haven't been involved (and giving a place for his talk at Faculty of Law).

Something to present a voice from the University: a professor who took part in the organisation was telling me about a long organisational process and a lot of effort put in the preparation of the event, including lobbying which enabled the visit of His Holiness and about organisation of all the events which were not visible to the public but a necessary part of protocol. And about the insatisfaction of the University that TSG gave a part of their work on University's sholders. But specially about insatisfaction with TSG' pretending that they organised the event.

My personal opinion is that TSG was much more exposed in media then the other organiser so public opinion, based on this, is probably wrong.

Of course the initiative came from the TSG side, I think this is clear. Only the amount of work/time/money/effort invested to the event is usually unclear. And sometimes “ownership” of the visit of HH. :oops:

Best regards,

Chödrön

Very well writen Ani. Ch?dr?n 8)

... It's not the first time I see that somebody (because of the media ...) gets the credits for something. :wink:

p.s. excuse for wrong quoting :oops:, but I can't find "edit post" ... :?:

[note from the moderation: there is no "edit post" button; it's a choice, for security and bandwidth reasons. But there is a "Preview" button, to check what we wrote and how we wrote it! ;) This would avoid us to correct the mistakes or lack of care in formating correctly the messages :evil: ;) ]

In my opinions it is not necessary and useless to divide things into religious and secular. There is no way you can have Tibet without Buddhism' date=' it is an essential espect of it. [/quote']Why? Buddhism has existed before entering to Tibet' date=' and in other countries. And nowaday, the form of Buddhism developped initially in Tibet do exist and expand outside Tibet very well![/quote']

Yes, but now Buddhism and Tibetan culture are so enmeshed together how can you separate one from the other? Impossible, in my view. So, it is not a question of Buddhism existing outside (ofcourse!), but talking about Tibet without talking about Buddhism.

What people argue for is irrelevant; fact matter' date=' Texts and Teachings matter. What Buddhism has to do with politic ?Thank you.[/quote']

Well, everything, if you have taken the Bodhisattva vow. So, what matters is helping people, right? Of course teaching them Dharma is the best way, but we also have to act in a humanitarian way and also in a political way, even if we might dislike it.

And my sense is, that Dharmaling is doing this very much! You have humanitarian programs and also are active politically - like in the case of the the new religious law, right?

Politics has a very bad name, and i think rightly so in many cases. I myself prefer to avoid it as much as possible, but the more I study and practice, the more I see that sometimes it is necessary, especially if we are really serious about this business of creating enlightened society. But how, I do not know. I think studying 14 precepts of Interbeing as put forth by Thich Nhat Hanh, as part of this Engaged Buddhism is very helpful. We can't hide in the caves, if we like it or not, we live in this society and the question is, how can we be best of service here.

Regards,

Robert

it is not a question of Buddhism existing outside (ofcourse!), but talking about Tibet without talking about Buddhism.

I agree. Yet, it doesn't mean that a politique and cultural organization should organise religious events! Some of the last events have shown the little knowledge in religious matter of this organisation (when donation box is as big as the arltar; and the altar made of plastic bowls; and the text all in Tibetan without Slovene translation, etc...). And this brings bad understanding of religion to people.

Well, everything, if you have taken the Bodhisattva vow. So, what matters is helping people, right? Of course teaching them Dharma is the best way, but we also have to act in a humanitarian way and also in a political way, even if we might dislike it.

And my sense is, that Dharmaling is doing this very much! You have humanitarian programs and also are active politically - like in the case of the the new religious law, right?

Of course, it all depends on how we define "politic"... Dharmaling is a "non-politic organization" in the sense we do not deal with left or right, socialism, communism, green, etc... This politic, Dharmaling doesn't wish to be involved.

As well, Dharmaling's role is not to fight for Tibetan government rights; TSG is meant for this, and might know better how to do it.

The implication in the case of the law in your country, is concerning the religious right, only. And the contact Lama Shenphen Rinpoche may have with some people engaged in politic are of spiritual nature and/or to help Buddhism to develop with as less obstacle as possible. But, nothing for Dharmaling itself nor for the fame or glory of any of its members... if you see what I mean o:)

In that sense, Dharmaling is non-politic. And I do not recal any Bodhisattva vows which says "you have to enter in politic" ;)

Humanitarian. As soon as you help an other sentient being, it is out of "humanitarian feeling". Buddhism is a humanitarian religion in itself. So, yes, Dharmaling and it's affiliate association Amchi, are humanitarian.

Thank you.

What is the cause of this insatiable urge to try to tell others what they are supposed to do and what not? As i recall there were Tibetan lamas present at the sand mandala and we can leave it to their discernement whether they come and present a mandala when invited by different organisations. Now some people even quote law to supposedly uphold this senseless notion that only religous groups are allowed to organize events that contain elements of religious activity. It should be obvious from our constitution that noone can regulate free expression of religous belief and exercising religious activity as long as it does not violate any laws or limit the same right of others. What law says is that because of constitutional separation of state from church(or any institutionalized religious group in general) such institutions must apply for approval when organising religous events in public domain.

Lobbying with figures in Slovenian official politics is political activity par excellence and claiming differently means not taking things for what they are. Also, spreading the idea that certain organisation should not organise certain activities(in particular that TSG should not organise making of sand mandalas) is a political undertaking of trying to monopolize certain area of public life. No one has a right to do that even if it was the Buddha him/her self. Furthermore since there is only one resident lama in Slovenia, and Dharmaling is the only (exclusively)Tibetan buddhist organisation officially registered as a religous group that doesn't imply that they are(organisation and its founder) representative of all buddhist practitioners from Tibetan lineages nor does it mean that ven. Lama Shenphen or Dharmaling have any supreme authority in doctrinal matters. It should be understood that the doctrine is a raft that leads to enlightement and not the Truth itself. When Dharma practice is not motivated by autonomous morality it seizes to be Dharma practice and becomes blind worship of external(be it scriptures or human beings). Therefore Dharma(the Truth) is a Path less travelled regardless of many nominal buddh-ist members of different buddh-ist organisations around the world and at home. Surely there are also many distiniguished practitioners of buddh-ism that anyone can look up to, but even impeccable practice doesn't give anyone a right to impose their own interpretation of the doctrine to others. People who agree on something shouldn't try to persuade everyone else that they have to see the same, especially not under the cloak of spiritual "authority", unless it is their aim to establish some sort of religious autocracy- which would be inevitably challenged by inate spontaneous intellegence of the enlightened awareness, which we all primordially posess. As was the case with Buddha Sakyamuni who undertook spritual and social revolution when he challenged the Vedic metaphysical system and its priests with free and uninhibited spirit- a hallmark of all ernest seekers of Truth.

To conclude, Dharma has always found ways to express itself spontaneously and the doctrine assumed many forms to accomodate for inummerable facets of daily life. Therfore pressing for one and only right view(interpretation of the doctrine) is by nature of reality destined for failure. And even more important- (attributing) spritual authority is a natural response (of aspiring sentient beings who recognise it) to realisation of wisdom and compassion and cannot be granted by title, imposed on anyone or defended in court. The Truth needs no advocates :lol: Those who practice sincerely will attain Buddhahood even if condemned by worldly or religious hierarchies and power structures...

note from moderation: on this forum, we do not use the names of any Buddhas, specially to write such message. Therefore, we used your e-mail address name to replace the one you choosed initialy (Mahakala). We can change it to any other nickname of your choise under request.

Sarvamangalam

Guest Ani.Chödrön

Tashi Delek,

let’s take a look from another angle first. 8) Mind has the same nature in Europe and Asia, I assume that we agree about it,. But there are also some cultural differences which should not be ignored, but rather taken in consideration if we want the potentials of our minds to blossom. For example the term ‘ego’: if we adopt Buddhist teachings about ego to the traditional Western meaning of it and accordingly – there is little chance that we can avoid pride, aversions, attachments and other obstacles to Wisdom and there is little chance to see all the thousands of ego tricks that lead us astray from the Path. In fact, I can see a possibility – if we have a good and reliable teacher to point a finger on them – until we are able to see them ourselves. And here we are at the main topic.

In the whole European history there has never been anything similar to a Guru or Lama. On the contrary, the highest hierarchical positions were taken by different kinds of criteria, with very suspicious measures, told in mild words. If you study the birth of Christian religion this becomes even more obvious: among more then hounded different gospels or their excerpts found until today, the four which are canonised are quite different. Partly because they were changed at every council that took place and basically because of the different attitude towards the wholly texts and the teachers who can transmit it. I believe that step by step disrespect and suspicion towards authorities of any kind became dominant in this area of the world. And I believe that this is one of the crucial reasons if not the main one, for the difficulties that Dharma is meeting in the West. Disrespect for the tradition simply plays on the strings of our ego, as if we were wiser if an authority is discarded.

Through centuries and centuries Buddha’s teachings remained carefully transmitted, with great respect and humility, and by clearly knowing who can interpret or comment the teachings and who can not. In West it often seems that every newborn Buddhist is already ready to give others a lesson! And to repudiate a traditional teacher!! Under who’s authority? 8O One’s own?

There is no “spontaneous” Enlightenment. Have you heard of a single Buddhist practitioner reaching Enlightenment without a Guru? :// While there are many who have reached the final Goal with a help of a Teacher. :mrgreen: Of course at the beginning stages of the Buddhist Path one does not necessary need a guide, but further one precedes more the Guide is needed. This is tirelessly repeated, over and over again, in different texts of all the major schools of Tibetan Buddhism. So from respect towards the Teacher who decides to keep to the traditional Path and from the respect towards all the disciples who chose the highest aspirations to benefit all others I would suggest carefulness with disrespect towards a Guru on the Buddhist Path. Besides, they say that disrespect towards the teachers can cut the connection with true teachers and Dharma in our future lives. :@

You were on the sand mandala exhibition. Perhaps you also know that the monks making it (I don’t remember that they were lamas) and the monk who came to heal were very surprised that no one introduced them to the Lama Shenphen Rinpoche and that no one of the organisers even mentioned him to them. :? Of course they have showed to him all the suitable respect as it goes to the Tulku, after they have finally met. As with any communication (even with a shop assistant) there are some habits, some protocol which makes things clear and communication easy. It is the same in the case of TSG. Lack of clarity in behaviour and of sharing roles (roles have to be shared, don’t they, if one wants to be effective in what he does), lack of face to face communication and perhaps also some misunderstandings (although it sometimes seem more like a denial of all the traditional approaches to prevent one’s personal approach or “spontaneous” manoeuvres) can lead to the same regrettable history patterns that we know from Christianity. Authorities are chosen by other masters, remember, and chosen to be authorities with a purpose to benefit all others! l-) So it is MUCH better to be aware of our difficulties with authorities and to search for all of the possible ways to build bridges, to define the roles clearly, to work in the same direction – to benefit as many beings as possible. There are so many ways to help that it would be a waste of time and a terrible pity to quarrel over it instead of going into action right away! There is enough work for all of us. ;-F

Dharma has always found ways to express itself spontaneously

Yes, but also according to the karma we have created. So, do we create the karma for Dharma to flourish or to wither? This is Kaliyuga time, as you know, it is predicted that more effort is needed to keep the practice pure. :| So, let’s make it easier to each other not harder, for us and for the future generations.

If you think this was not an answer to your letter I add also this: if you would talk to people who became Buddhists via meeting Rinpoche, you would also know how many different ways of approaching Dharma are already taking place here. Amount and variety of people who decided for a serious practice are the proof. I’m sure that each of us could tell you about a different beginning, different development and different relation with Rinpoche, as we, who exchange views about it, already know. :D

With a wish that Compassion and Wisdom would come true in all the sentient beings, l-)

Ani Chödrön

What is the cause of this insatiable urge to try to tell others what they are supposed to do and what not?
What is this insatiable urge to feel threaten everytime someone point out some mistakes? :)) Isn't in all the Text of Dharma that we shall use such opportunity to work on our mind and sense of humility??

As i recall there were Tibetan lamas present at the sand mandala and we can leave it to their discernement whether they come and present a mandala when invited by different organisations.
1° Usual mixing: the two monks from Guytö were not Lamas. One of them is a Geshe' date=' the other one not yet.

2° As we talked personally to them, we can say that they didn't know how all will be organized, and found several points unrespectful and not according to the Tradition. Being invited to the opening of the new Gyutö monastery, Lama Shenphen Rinpoche could ask them more details... Otherwise, we can discuss the matter during or for their next tour in Europe next year (isn't it? ;) )

What law says is that because of constitutional separation of state from church(or any institutionalized religious group in general) such institutions must apply for approval when organising religous events in public domain.
True. We said nothing more.

Lobbying with figures in Slovenian official politics is political activity par excellence and claiming differently means not taking things for what they are.
This is mixing the people with the functions they holds in public life; and very unwise remark of you, motivated by jealousy may be?

Lama Shenphen Rinpoche was this week-end having a lunch with three Embassadors in Czech Republic; this doesn't implies at all any "lobbying", but simply sharing a moment with people sharing common spiritual ground, and/or looking for spiritual advises.

Following you, spending some time with people smoking hashish would implies that you are lobbying for legalization drugs? Come on! ;)

Also, spreading the idea that certain organisation should not organise certain activities(in particular that TSG should not organise making of sand mandalas) is a political undertaking of trying to monopolize certain area of public life.
Mistaken perception dear Sangye03. We never said that the TSG should not organize sand mandala (at least not from Dharmaling). The TSG is a good organizer, and sand mandala falls also in the field of culture. What we have read and heard so far was about how it has been organised ie. several mistakes concerning the tradition, when those mistakes would have been avoided if TSG would have ask us any help. And our question was: why not to work altogether with what we can share to each other?

Some people from the TSG even tried their best to prevent that Rinpoche could meet with the monks and the amchi? Again: why?

that doesn't imply that they are(organisation and its founder) representative of all buddhist practitioners from Tibetan lineages nor does it mean that ven. Lama Shenphen or Dharmaling have any supreme authority in doctrinal matters.
Who ever implied this? You are writting out your projection, not the facts.

When Dharma practice is not motivated by autonomous morality it seizes to be Dharma practice and becomes blind worship of external (be it scriptures or human beings).
Completely true. And that is why we emphasise so much on the daily practice of Dharma, rather than "blind worship", be it scripture or human being. :))

doesn't give anyone a right to impose their own interpretation of the doctrine to others.
We are fortunate to have in Buddha-Dharma Texts which are very clear. Dharma cannot be interprated in opposite ways. But some people do not know even the Texts and would like to adapt Buddhism themselves! This is how it is written that Dharma will degenerate and disappear. We do not wish to be part of this, may we hurt some individual emotional sensitivity. Dharma is the most precious jewel!

As was the case with Buddha Sakyamuni who undertook spritual and social revolution when he challenged the Vedic metaphysical system and its priests with free and uninhibited spirit- a hallmark of all ernest seekers of Truth.
This is your dream and explain better your position here. Yet, the Sangha has been created by the Buddha, with the full Vinaya, Text containing all the rules of Ethic. And the Buddha was following perfectly, as a pure living example, those precepts of ordination.

Truth is not to be reached with "uninhibited" spirit, but a mind well tamed and a consciouness remaining away from extremes, in the Perfect middle way and the Clear understanding of the Four Noble truthes!

The Truth needs no advocates
So, what are you doing here? ;)

By the way, within Dharmaling, no titles have ever been defended in court, as you seems to pretend.

Those who practice sincerely will attain Buddhahood even if condemned by worldly or religious hierarchies and power structures...
Ô, how much we understand this sentence very well :)) and even if we haven't (yet) achieved Buddhahood, we are doing our best despite condamnation from wordly or religious being and 'tend-to-be' power structures from which we have always strive to stay away!

Thank you