Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
monster

Who can teach whom about what?

Dear Monster, I'm "he", not "she" :D

Could you please define what is "ignorance" in your case and how could psychoanalysis treat it?

Well I thought so, that you are "he" :D:D . On some other forum I have a "she" colleague Sacha, but because of your location ... I was "inclined" to male :wink:

Ok, first ...I'm personally NOT a psychoanalist, so I'm not trained or well educated for such statements. It is just my personal view, that it's NOT impossible to treat even ignorance with different "cure".

Let me see ... ignorance is a state of psyche, when we can observe lack of proper knowledge, lack of proper understanding ... through analysis klient get some information about himself, about his past and relations with others ... information via himself or with interpretation of his/her therapeutist. After the analysis is complete, klient should have a higher level of understanding of him/herself and the relations with enviroment. Or we can say that more healthy person comes out of the "therapeutic box". Is it then so unbelievable that he or she has lower level of ignorance. No?

All the best 8)

Tashi Delek,

through analysis klient get some information about himself, about his past and relations with others ... information via himself or with interpretation of his/her therapeutist. After the analysis is complete, klient should have a higher level of understanding of him/herself and the relations with enviroment. Or we can say that more healthy person comes out of the "therapeutic box". Is it then so unbelievable that he or she has lower level of ignorance. No?

Actually, we are not talking about the same type of Ignorance. In the Buddhist context, Ignorance (tib.:Ma.rig.pa) refers to the mistaken understanding about the true nature of phenomena ie. it's lack of inherente existence from the fact that all is interdependently connected to the karma of those who experience the phenomena.

To know yourself more, through the 'conventional' psychoanalysis, as very little up to nothing to do with the process of cleaning this Ignorance. You can becoming a "healthy" person from the psychoanalytic/psychiatric/psychological point ot view, and yet be in deep deep Ignorance! ;)

We are not dealing with the same knowledge of the mind and existence of phenomena...

So, except if a Bodhisattva or a Buddha take rebirth as a psychoanalyst, I doubt strongly that any of such person could bring someone to reach Enlightenment! ;)

All the best, Gelong T. Shenphen