Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Khyenrab

Meditation on Emptiness

um.... what soul? there's a permanent partless thing called soul hanging out? So much for impermanence...

sorry if it sounds harsh, but this really sounds like nonsense, as Lama.la said....

at least to my ignorant mind that has no concept of an ultimate soul or harmony or sound and thinks those are still dualistic terms...

Think of the Soul as yourself (?)... Maybe that would do the trick? :)

The part I like the most:

"Having become indifferent to objects of perception, the pupil must seek out the rajah of the senses, The Thought-Producer, he who awakes illusion.

The Mind is the great Slayer of the Real.

Let the Disciple slay the Slayer.

For:

When to himself his form appears unreal, as do on waking all the forms he sees in dreams;

When he has ceased to hear the many, he may discern the ONE - the inner sound which kills the outer. "

Khyenrab

Tashi Delek!

Why don't you talk about your personal experience in meditation (on emptiness or else)? Why are you hiding behind others’ backs? Why are you constantly putting non-Buddhist teachings on Buddhist forum?

I believe that feeling of inspiration brings far less then zealous and patient work on ourself, inspiration is too brief, while our own experience lasts.

Buddhist teachers, from my point of reading/listening, just directed us towards truth – which has to be fulfilled with our own practice, in our own life. This is completely different approach towards reaching the truth then ready made truths :-p and I must say that I like it MUCH more.

Besides, with your quotations you are making the exchange of information about our concrete questions which arise from our concrete meditations really hard. How can I ask about my very beginner's steps in meditation while somebody is constantly rubbing in some models ;-}, which are neither realised nor of my religion?

Since I found the path that I firmly believe in, I would like to spend my free time for it :)) . I believe my religion offers me everything that I need to reach the final goal, while others don't. So, why would I study non-Buddhist teachings, if I have Buddhist texts available and not comprehended l-) ?

All the best,

Khandro

Why don't you talk about your personal experience in meditation (on emptiness or else)? Why are you hiding behind others¦#146; backs? Why are you constantly putting non-Buddhist teachings on Buddhist forum?

Poor you! :)

Go to page one and read all about my lovely experience... :wink:

By the way - what Krishnamurti says is very much Buddhist like, very much - more Hinayana-like, but still. As far as the excerpt from Madame Blavatsky is concerned - it sounds very much buddhist to me. Does one word such as "soul" ruin everything for you? :?

Buddhist teachers, from my point of reading/listening, just directed us towards truth ¦#150; which has to be fulfilled with our own practice, in our own life. This is completely different approach towards reaching the truth then ready made truths :-p and I must say that I like it MUCH more.

Poor you! :D

Besides, with your quotations you are making the exchange of information about our concrete questions which arise from our concrete meditations really hard. How can I ask about my very beginner's steps in meditation while somebody is constantly rubbing in some models ;-}, which are neither realised nor of my religion? .

Do I need to write it again? :)

I am not forcing anybody to read these excerpt, you can skip them, didn't you know? :wink: And Admin can delete them - I'll get the point. What I didn't know is that we were seeking overall equillibrium on the forum, let's just exchange ideas, views, knowledge, 'methods', experience (and battle with arguments from time to time - otherwise it gets a little bit boring, doesn't it? :wink: ). That's how I look at it.

Best regards,

Khyenrab

Guest admin
Think of the Soul as yourself (?)... Maybe that would do the trick? :)

:/ These forums are not just to say: "I think that...", "my opinion is...", and fill them with texts from people aside or away from the Tibetan Buddhist Path; but to share our understand of Dharma, which is following a Tradition, Teachers, Texts.

According to the tradition we follow, and to which your name belongs, words are defined, and have to be; otherwise, it simply lead to confusion... Thank you to take this into account.

It is not a way to recuse them, or judge those non-buddhist teachers negatively. They might help some people, in some way. But people already entered into Buddha-Dharma really do not need those kind of things!

Indeed, we can debate, and argue, but on a common basis, for a common goal... at least on Dharmaling forums.

It would be nice also not to say to someone who answer your post "poor you". According to what? To the fact that this person might have a stronger faith then you in Buddha-Dharma and do not really wish to read other things?? Actually, it is clearly said in the practices of a Bodhisattva (as Lama Shenphen Rinpoche taught earlier in this year in Ljubljana) that one better stay away from non-Buddhist scriptures in order to do not disturb the mind!

And, no, I won't delete the above post, at least to show what I would like not to see more here... :))

Tashi Delek,

I understand. I apologize to Khandro :oops: - my tongue is too sharp sometimes, I am really sorry. I will watch it more closely from now on.

I was desperately looking for somekind of definition or description of Emtpiness, and maybe saw something in the "Soundless Sound" that led me to write it down.

My apologies,

Khyenrab

Guest admin

Solved! ;-F

This thread is closed. Too long thread are not easy to read and to get through.

Any further request about definition fo Emptiness will require to start a new thread... which Khyenrab will surely not be affraid of! :lol: