Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matjazz

Karma question

Tashi Delek,

I heard something about karma from my friend and I want to verify it, because I'm not sure about it.

First he said that bad karma also can be "cleaned" by a great master .

And second that treatment with bioenergetics, radiostesists and similar practitioner are very dangerous for them, because they absorb pacient karma and therefore they die faster :(

Thanks, Matjaž

Tashi Delek,

Unfortunately, even a Buddha cannot "clean" the negative karma. Karma is created and experienced on an individual basis. You create some karma, it is "planted" in your mental continuum, and you will experience them. Or you can purify them by engaging into spiritual practices. But no one else can experience your own karma; and you cannot experience the karma of others.

Then, no, bioenergetics do not absord patient karma, for the same reason writen above. Those who pretend they do, do not understand how karma works!

Indeed, some of those "healers" do play the role of magician, who, to save you (and empty your pocket money) are taking you sickness. This is not true.

All the best, Gelong T. Shenphen

Tashi Delek,

I've also found something about that in the book by Ven. Thubten Gyatso "Transforming problems into the path":

"We cannot transfer merit. We cannot transfer good karma to their mind, to make them listen to the teachings or heal from their sickness. But because of our connection with them, we can create a condition where their own good karma already created will ripen and they may recover from their sickness or their obstinacy, or their anger will fade away."

Best regards,

Sasha