Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Csillag

Effectiveness of prayers

Tashi delek, :hello:

It is said, that the prayers of a full ordained person, is much more powerful than the prayers of someone just having the lay ordination.

My question is if this differerence in the effectiveness of prayers is as well valid for practitioners of high level realization ? :?:

I mean for example between 2 persons who are both on the first bhumi ( path of insight ), but one is monc wheras the other one is a lay person?

I ask this because some teachers are giving up being a monc, while saying by doing so they can benefit in certain situation beings much better. This is why I wondered, maybe from the first bhumi onwards many things are different .

With all my best wishes

Csillag

Tashe Delek,

It is said, that the prayers of a full ordained person, is much more powerful than the prayers of someone just having the lay ordination.

Yes, this is based on the "power" or strengh which comes from keeping vows. When we take a decision/vow, just by keeping it, we generate lot of merits, and this influence the strengh of our practice.

My question is if this differerence in the effectiveness of prayers is as well valid for practitioners of high level realization ?

I would say, yes. But I never really read or heard about it.

All the best, Gelong T. Shenphen

Tashi delek dear Lama Shenphen Rinpoche :hello:

Thank you very much for your answer !

Yes, this is based on the "power" or strengh which comes from keeping vows. When we take a decision/vow, just by keeping it, we generate lot of merits, and this influence the strengh of our practice.?

How much can our dedication influence others ?How much can it benefit them and in which way comes the benefit ?

With all my best wishes !:!

Csillag