Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lacu

all phenomena are projection of my mind

all phenomena are projection of my mind .My house , my dog , my job , my enemy etc are projection of my mind .How can I deepen my this understanding and any example I can meditate on all phenomena are projection of my mind and practice in my daily lfe .

Tashi Delek Lacu

all phenomena are projections of my mind...

All phenomena are not projections of your mind, i.e. they are not broadcast from your mind. A phenomenon's meaning, physical delimitation and general description are made by your mind.

This may not seem very clear or easy to understand and it is not! It deserves a good piece of meditating...

Respectfully,chabi

all phenomena are projection of my mind .My house , my dog , my job , my enemy etc are projection of my mind .How can I deepen my this understanding and any example I can meditate on all phenomena are projection of my mind and practice in my daily lfe .

Tashi Delek,

If you train the mind to remember the law of causes and effects - that nothing has self inherent existence because arising from causes and condition, every time you are able - in daytime, meditation, before sleep- it is the antidote to the ignorance and delusion (the wrong views that all phenomena and persons are existing by themselves or independantly).

So "watching" the mind and the way it reacts will allow you to stop more and more quickly the negative emotions which perturbate it and create still more negative karma (vicious circle)

You can meditate on impermanence looking for concret exemples: nothing or nobody remains unchanged;

the same on karma: "no result without causes";

on compassion -loving kindness, says His Holiness- on "Tong-Len" for every sentient beings who had been our silbings in other lives....

It is a matter of patience and motivation to "reverse" the mind, to tame it, because since a very long time the "monkey mind" is jumping everywhere it likes!

As we have our free will we can use it for the best, sewing "right" causes, you will obtain "right" results... :D

All the Best

Ani Chönyi

Tashi Delek,

In fact, it is simple to understand, but not at all simple to realize !!! The image I use, is from a book written by Bokar Rimpotché, "Understanding Meditation".

When you look at your face in a mirror, you see its reflection, but is this reflection real? No, of course it is not, because only your face is real, not its reflection in the mirror.

Now if you see that the reflection of your face in the mirror is dirty, and try to clean it by wiping out the mirror, is it going to change the reflection of your face? Of course not, because only by cleaning your face directly, can you make its reflection in the mirror look cleaner.

Well, it's the same for your mind... If you think that by "rearranging" the outer things of your life, you are going to reach true happiness one day (what we are all searching for), think again! It would be like thinking that by cleaning the mirror, your dirty face is going to become cleaner...

Because what you see, feel, taste, experience, is just a reflexion of your "ill", deluded mind which believes in the independent, true existence of an "I". Just like the reflection of your face in the mirror is not real in itself, and you know that, it is the same for your reality, completely unreal, illusory, based on this wrong belief which the mind has been clinging onto since beginless times!!! (But this, not only you have to know, but also to realize it through meditation, if you are to become free from samsara...). Only through our faith in the Three Jewels (having no doubt that they can get us out of there!!!), purification practices, practicing the 6 paramitas and lots and lots of meditation, will we be able to clear our mind and "cut through" its reflection (by realizing its true nature), until the point where our mind actually stops reflecting anything at all and finally enters ("re"enters probably...) the everlasting peace of Nirvana!

But as long as our mind is unpure, as long as it is reflecting something, its reflections will find echo in one of the 6 realms of the Samsara... Realms which are made up of all the reflections, all the delusions of sentient beings' minds which occupy them!

And that's 1 point for us, 0 point for Samsara!!! Just that simple!!! :wink: Feels good doesn't it??? :D

Kind regards

Tashi delek, :hello:

Oh this sounds very nihilstic to me.

If everything would be just a mere projektion of your mind, what is the poit of Compassion, Bodhicitta ? It would be absurd to think that just one sentient being would exist.

When it is said consider all phenomena as dreams, illusions, a city of gandharas, they mean by this that phenomena are illusion"like", dream"like".

Our perceptions are complete "illusion-like". But the consciousness of

other beings is not.

If you want to study about this, you can study the 5 progressive meditations on emptiness, / 5 levels of understanding on emptiness:

1. Shravaka

2.Chittamatra

3.Svatantrika Mdhyamaka

4.Prasangika Madhyamaka

5.Yogachara Madhyamaka ( Schentong )

I would advice you to read material from Khenpho Tsültrim Gyamtso Rinpoche, Pönlop Ripoche and Trangu Rinpoche. And there are several books which deal with this topic.

With all my best wishes

Csillag