Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pamo

Being a vegetarian

Talking about health and such, I'm not convinced a "pizza retreat" might be very healthy! ;)

Thank you...

:)

I must say that the artcile is very persuasive, giving these comparisons, which, with those rare species of animals I know and human beings, seem as very true....

....and it supports a great deal the statement of our precious Moderator Gigu: "* The absolute need of whatever vitamins not found elsewhere than in meat is pure "made-up" story from people not willing to quit meat, or from meat industry."

:D

But, why was His Holines the Dalai Lama adviced to be actually eating it? If I have kept this information correctly...

All the very best,

Pamo

Tashi delek,

But, why was His Holines the Dalai Lama adviced to be actually eating it? If I have kept this information correctly...

His Holiness advises to be vegetarian. Yet, His doctor advised Him to keep some meat.

Why? I'm not sure because I've never asked directly the question.

We could think that the very "high frequency" of an Emanation Body might in some cases benefit from the low vibration of meat, to remain better connected with this world.

And, surely, all flesh entering the mouth of a Buddha might get a direct blessing :)

When I've got ordained, His Holiness offered us the lunch, and the food was vegetarian (although there was also some non-veg food).

All the best, Gelong T. Shenphen

Tashi delek dear Rinpoche,

Yet, His doctor advised Him to keep some meat.

Yes, that was what I meant.

Thank you for your answer.

All the very best,

Pamo