Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kama

Shiwalha Rinpoche

Tashi Delek,

As His Holiness the Dalai Lama was in Switzerland to give Teachings I had several meetings with a monk, who has impressed me. I found out that he is the reincarnation of Shantideva. Since this time I find text, interviews, photos of/with him without really searching for them.

The Text "Bodhisattvacharyavatara" touches me and I notice a lot of changes in my life and I try also to change with consciousness my feelings and my attitude.

So my question:

Does anybody know, if Shiwalha Rinpoche gives Teachings?

All the best,

Kama

Tashi Delek dear Kama?

How did you found out that he is the reincarnation of Shantideva?

As fare as I know, Shiwalha Rinpoche lives and still studies in Sera Jhe/Sera Mey monastic university in south India.

All the best,

tatjana

Tashi Delek Tatjana,

Thanks for your post!

A friend of mine said it to me and I read a coverage about his childhood.

Yes, I know, he is studying in Sera Jhe University.

I really hope, he`s going to give Teachings!

Have you read Bodhisattvacharyatara?

all the best,

Kama

Tashi Delek,

I read A Flash of Lightning in the Dark of Night: A Guide to the Bodhisattva's Way of Life, commentary by H.H. Dalai Lama. Combined with the teachings from Lama Shenphen Rinpoche, which were carrying out along last year, I’ve gotten a little more understanding of those ten chapters. Namely, without Rinpche’s teaching it will be a hard nut to crack. So, let us hope or better pray to get access to appropriate teachings.

With best wishes,

tatjana

Tashi Delek Dechen,

Thank you for your link! I have read your messages.

It touches me, what Lama Zopa has said once. The color of the sky and the sea is a reflection from the mount meru!

With light,

Kama

Tashi Delek dear Tatjana,

I read Bodhisattvacharyatara, because the Teachings by His Holiness were about this wonderful text. I am trying to change my inner attitude and to integrate the ideas in my life. It isn`t easy but you can feel satisfaction and joy.

Now I`m studying the comment by Geshe Yeshe. It really helps me to understand and to become absorbed in the meaning of the words.

You can study Bodhisattvacharyatara your whole life and in every moment you can find other aspects in it, so you will move on on your own path.

All the best,

Kama

Tashi Delek dear Kama,

If my mind won’t grasp so much, I will stick to one or two classic texts (for instance Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand: A Concise Discourse on the Path to Enlightment by Pabongka,Bodisattvacharyavatara,...),

what will be fare enough for one life time. It seems to me, that by studying one keep removing/uncovering veils of ignorance and the understanding/comprehend of the text become more and more profound. You said: "You can find other aspects in it". Yes, I agree. Probably due to different state of mind along reading/studying. I’m wondering; is it rely necessary/useful to stuff the mind with more and more even very profound text? If my profoundness/my ability to digest the knowledge or better to say to come closer to wisdom is so unpredictable and it not depends always on intellectual understanding?

With best wishes,

tatjana

My experience is that if I study, the text helps me maintain the right focus and motivation needed for the practice. For me, study has proven a very valuable tool to maintain a suitable frame of mind as long as possible. I think this is much more important for me at the moment than gathering information. But in any case, it takes regular reading!

I also find the Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand very helpful. :)

Tashi Delek dear Tatjana,

The grasping mind appears everywhere, in every part of the life. you can see so many things, and hear so many things once more. I don`t know, where you are from, but here in the west there are too many things, which are showed for buying.

The mind, my mind too, grasps also for spiritual happiness. We must try to calm the mind....it is very difficult.

I would say, that it is better to know/understand one text with the head and the HEART, than hundreds of texts only with head. This is probably what you mean with your question.

The last months I tried to integrate the messages from the book in my life. I found and find it really strenuous to behave myself "rightfully" (without selfishness, negative thoughts ... ). Practising changes the inner feeling. Because of that, I`m so happy. (It is so simple...)

Have a peaceful evening

Kama

Tashi Delek dear Kama,

I'm located somewhere in Samsara, where no real happiness exist, even spiritual one. :wink:

For further discussion, maybe better to join "General discussion" division.

Have a peaceful and calm mind. :D

With best wishes,

tatjana