Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
farman

reverse evolution

I have another question...about reincarnation and the Bodhisattva Vow. I remember reading once where a teacher or his student died, I can't remember which one. Anyway, the survivor recognised the other reincarnated as a sheep. The sheep was said to have followed the survivor for the rest of his life. :?

We are currently blessed with a very compassionate cat. Sometimes, when I go to pet her, she interprets the act as helping clean her. Without any hesitation, she then will start licking the very hand that is petting her, so as to return the favor! :D

Does anyone else know of any stories about reverse reincarnation? Wouldn't a sincere Bodhisattva reincarnate as a pet to provide love to a home....sacrificing it's own knowledge and liberation to provide love to a retired couple? It would seem to be a very generous Chod offering of one's entire life, doesn't it?

Tashi Delek,

Does anyone else know of any stories about reverse reincarnation? Wouldn't a sincere Bodhisattva reincarnate as a pet to provide love to a home....sacrificing it's own knowledge and liberation to provide love to a retired couple? It would seem to be a very generous Chod offering of one's entire life, doesn't it?

Haven't you heard of Jataka Tales?

They are stories of Lord Buddha's previous lives in which He sacrificed Himself again and again for the benefit of other beings, many times as a magnificent animal with extraordinary qualities, peerlessly guiding other animals with Wisdom, and inspiring powerful people such as kings to follow the path of virtue and Compassion... thereby bringing lasting peace and happiness to all living beings of the land and beyond. :)