Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kama

thoughts

Tashi Delek, 3ndr3.

Can you please tell more
In order to aid to thought we divide the mind in several parts, among which one is so called storehouse. Storehouse consciousness contain or store karma, karmic conditioning from beginningless times, passions and mental formations (complexes and archetypes). It roughly corresponds to the idea of unconsciousness. The treasurehouse is the same storehouse, when it is seen with the Dharma-eye, i. e. when becomes a source of spiritual progress and therefore a storehouse of spiritual treasures.

Best regards,

Simona

Guest 3ndr3

Tashi Delek, Simona!

First I would like to thank you for kindly answering my questions!

Secondly :):

It roughly corresponds to the idea of unconsciousness.
What do you mean by unconsciousness?

Best regards,

3ndr3

Tashi Delek, 3ndr3.

What do you mean by unconsciousness?
The “excessive” meaning of the separation of the consciousness into “conscious” and “unconscious” is the invention of the western psychology, mainly. While Jung`s theory put the core of the ego in the “conscious”, it is Freud`s theory that put it in the “unconscious”. In the Buddhist theory all the layers are “consciousness” and regarded as a whole system without emphasizing on of its part.

About “uncoscious”...Jung divides it again into two parts: personal and collective unconscious. Buddhism regards the storehouse or alaya also as a repository of the material from this current and past lives, but does not locate it into exactely determined or fixed layers of the consciousness.

This would be in short...

Best regards,

Simona