Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alan

Buddhist Talibans?!

Hi

Actually, he did it 2 days after the thread started and after he spread lies about our lineage on your forum.
Tss tss tss... I send a request through the Shambala web site the 25th or 26th of February, and got an asnwer from them the 27th... The topic on this web site was launched the 27th...

Ok, I read more about Chogyam Trungpa, as I might have conclude too quick, not knowing much about it. I still do not agree on the behaviour he did displayed during his life, and I still find the teachings of the actual Shambala school quite strange in regard to what Buddhist Traditions are, but I can imagine that it can be of some benefit to some people.

We are in such degenerated time, that people cannot enter the clear ethic of the Shakyamuni Buddha's teachings. Some strange way have to be created. Kind of skillfull means I guess, to fish people wherever they are...

Alan

The one I posted above felt like that. Of course it is a matter of perception. I am sure if I would to say that Lama Shephen is just some guy who made up his lineage, you would not find it amusing? (please, this is just an example, ok? )
First, to state something, you need basis. Shenphen Rinpoche is a monk, not taking any intoxicant, and following the roots of the Buddhist ethical values.

I'm not judging the results of Trungpa Rinpoche's path and behaviour. I can just observe, and make my own choices...

Then, I think there is a large difference between juste "someone" on an open (yet moderated ;) ) forum, and the president of a Buddhist group. You, Robert, as leader of this small group, have some responsibilities over how you behave, what you say, what you write. Right?

I guess these kinds of things do not seem very kind and respectful.
They might not be. Yet, they are the expression of what people understand. You cannot avoid misunderstanding. To "fight" back is of no use. Anger against anger doesn't lead anywhere. Of course, you cane xpress your opinion, give your clarification, I think this is useful.

Next time there will be tons of smilies next to our emails so that nobody can mistake anything for what it is not.
Yes :):D:lol:;)

I guess these kinds of things do not seem very kind and respectful.

The author of this obviously thought that the striptease thing will actually take place! Just imagine that really happening... You should feel a certain responsibility for this, not judge it, or feel threatened by it - you launched the strip-tease invitation.

Best regards,

Khyenrab

It is easy to sit in a comfortable home in Europe and make demands about what should happen to Tibet so that the justice would be done
You are not the only one who has gone to Tibet... Yet, your family, your roots, your culture is not at stake.

Of course, we shall not say/write just "Chineses", but "Chinese red politic". And that politic hasn't changed much since 50 years. It is not because the people of China would like to change, that their government do allow them to do so. And the huge amount of Chinese burocrat and army men living, using, destroying Tibet are not the one we can really ask true fact regarding Tibet.

Tibet has been, and should be a free country. Diplomatic statements will never change this. Of course, His Holiness wishes peace, and surely understand that compromises should be allowed in order to get some peace. NOT because Chinese government has changed since 50 years, but precisely because it has remains as narrow minded as before!

You have been in Tibet. Haven't you seen the destruction of the environment? Use and misuse of the people, women, children?

Of course, some schools are built, hospital functions, etc... but at which cost, in which conditions?! Tibetan Government would have done all that as well, if they have had the chance to. Chinese government is not bringing any progress to Tibet, just extend the walls of its jails and ease the movement of army and weapons (as with the railways so much praise by some, which is not a good thing).

Surely, narrow-minded, ignorant youth feel attracted by coca-cola and the glow of Beijing streets, and you see this, and you believe they are happy! This is not happiness; this is the root of suffering. This is the sign that a whole culture is disappearing.

You accept it as a fact. You lower your hope. We tend to do not. Tibet in included by force in a foreign nation, governed by people who do not care about environment, do not care to live no choice to women to be prostitute or nun, who forbid children to learn their own language, who use Tibetan as guinea-pig for their medical and surgery experiment (as Nazi did with the Jews), use to the rope all the natural resources and then store their nuclear wastes… You accept this? We do not.

We are aware of the diplomatic approaches. We leave them to diplomats. Our heart remains in favor of justice and proper respect of the Tibetan culture and human rights. And we would hope that the president of a Tibet Support Group would do the same, act, speak, and write with responsibility. Sadly, your vision seems to be the one of the Tibetan teenagers… dreaming, eating hamburgers, drinking coca-cola, flirting, and believing that the Chinese society is bringing pleasure and easy life to Tibet!

And we are the one who are not objective??

Thank you.

Tashi Delek,

I see that some topic are quite… active! ;) I’m glad if this can help to solve some tensions, inner conflict, and misunderstandings.

I guess the main word of this topic will be "responsibility". Responsibility over what we say and behave like, especially when we have any function in the Buddhist societies, communities, or Tibet support groups.

Talking about fearlessness shall not make us forget that "shame" and "embarrassment" are among the 11 virtuous mental factors. Virtuous, because they bring us to be careful with how we behave. Shame is regarding how we behave in coherence with our believes, in front of ourselves and all the Buddhas & Bodhisattvas. Embarrassment is more toward our relation in front of the others. They are positive because they give us a sense of responsibility, and prevent us from engaging into either negative actions or actions which can be interpreted as negative or against our Buddhist values. As well, they gives us (well, they ‘should’ at least) some objectivity as regarding our competencies and wisdom, or lack of them and need to develop them. And practice humility.

Despite the fact that today is a “water-wind” day (9th of 1st Tibetan month), inauspicious days which has the energy to separate loved ones, I hope this discussion will, at the contrary, bring people more together, to discuss more, to see beyond misunderstanding :)

And we will pray for those who do not wish to engage into this process of peace, caught into the emotional, disturbed, mind.

All the very best, Gelong T. Shenphen