Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frederic

The effects of a Nyoung Né retreat

Tashi Delek,

As I am about to go to a Nyoung Né retreat (2 and 1/2 days retreat without eating nor speaking, taking vows with a qualified Lama), I thought I would ask if anyone knew what the effects of such practice are "supposed" to bring to participants, implying they do everything "right" during this retreat.

I was told that this could clean negative karma accumulated during one lifetime.

Thank you for your answers :)

Frederic

Sure :)

It will be at the Dharma center where I took refuge, in Montpellier, Kagyu Lineage, Kagyu Rintchen Tcheu Ling.

I do not know who will be the leading Lama, as Lama Seunam is away now.

Thank you.

Frederic

I would also like to know about Nyung Nye more. Below are some information abut retreat which will be held in Kopan nunnery

(http://www.kopan-monastery.com/program.html#5)

Nyung Nye Fasting Retreat May 27- June 12 2006

During Saka Dawa (Buddhas Birth and enlightenment) a Nyung ne fasting retreat will be held at the Kahcoe Ghakyil Ling Nunnery, consisting of 8 consecutive two-day session.

A Nyung Nye or Fasting Retreat is a great way to purify past negative karma and accumulate merits. The merit is even greater of the retreat is done during the auspicious month of Buddha's birth and enlightenment. The fasting retreat is held at the Khachoe Ghakyil Nunnery. A Nyung Nne consists of two days of prayers, prostrations and chanting; on the second day no food or drink is taken and complete silence is kept.

I’m wondering where in Europe one can attend Nyung Nye retreat?

With best wishes,

tatjana

Guest lodreu

Tashi Delek,

Nyung-Nais are usually know for the purification effects. By the combination of prostration, fasting, recitation of mantra and vizualisation it is a complete purification of different negative karmas.

In Europe usually only big center might organize it. As you might have noticed it is necessary to respect different comittments, not eating, not drinking and not speaking for a period of time during one Nyung-Nai, it usually implies to be able to host people. Only a few centers might have this capacity.

Best regards,

Lodreu

Tashi Delek,

Thank you Ven. Lodro-la.

Does Nyung-Nye always icludes Chenrezig Saddhana or is it also in conection with other Saddhanas?

With best wishes,

tatjana

Guest lodreu

Tashi Delek,

It is linked with the practice of 1000 arms Chenrezi. It is usually advised to have received the complete initiations (Wang) of this Buddha. But it seems also possible to join without it.

Yet this depends on the restrictions the organizer wants to set, according to place and time.

Best regards,

Lodreu.

Tashi Delek,

It is linked with the practice of 1000 arms Chenrezi.
...then with 1000arms Chenrezig; not with four arms one? Is it than consider as a tantric practice?

Best regards,

tatjana

Guest lodreu

Tashi Delek,

4 arms Chenrezi is also a tantric practice :wink: . But as there are four classes of Tantra, not all Buddhas's practices belong to the fourth class.

Nyung-Nai as many other practices can be practiced and understood on different levels, this is why it is possible to join Nyung-Nai not having received the initiation of 1000 arms Chenrezi, as it originally doesn't belong to the 4th Tantric class.

Best regards,

Lodreu

Tashi Delek,

Tank you. It seems that a lot of practices can be understand and practising within different levels. Good to know to avoid confusion.

Best regards,

tatjana

Tashi Delek,

Now I know the effects of a Nyoung Né retreat!

A lot of thirst, a lot of hunger, a lot of fatigue! :lol:

But supposedly a lot of karmic cleansing as well :)

Regards,

Frederic