Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Khyenrab

Reflections on impermanence

Tashi Delek.

The body is composed from the five outer elements, which arise from the five inner elements. But one is not the body. The mind is composed from the five inner elements, which arise from the very subtle energy.

But one is not the mind.

What is one? The ultimate potentiality?

Best regards,

Simona 

The body is composed from the five outer elements, which arise from the five inner elements. But one is not the body. The mind is composed from the five inner elements, which arise from the very subtle energy.

But one is not the mind.

Could you list the five outer and inner elements you refer to?

Thank you.

Tashi Delek.

From the explanation of H. H. the Dalai Lama it derives that those five elements are earth, water, fire, air and space. If I understand correctly those five elements are connected with the very subtle energy, bearing the fivefold brilliance (in one place I noticed even the term: five-colored radiance).

Best regards,

Simona

But you mentioned "inner" and "outer" elements. Are they the same (earth, water, fire, air, space/ether)?

Tashi Delek.

I understand these five elements are the same in the sense of the qualities or/and characteristics, yet that they manifest on different levels of subtleness accordingly. For example, on very subtle level they manifest as different colored lights and on the gross level they manifest as we perceive them in the most concrete way.

I hope I understand this well...

Best regards,

Simona