Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Simona

Shine

Shine is realy the basis for everything. So I wonder what are the greates obstacles for gaining Shine :blink:

The main two obstacles for Mental Quietness are: Agitation & Dullness.

Thank you dear Rinpoche for your answer. As I remember, there are antidotes to use, when agitation or dullness arise in the mind. In case of agitation is it the best to just leave the the thoughts that they pass and put the mind back on the object of meditation? What about dullness? Is dullness the same as tiredness? What causes dullness and what is the best antidote against it?

All the very best,

Is dullness the same as tiredness? What causes dullness and what is the best antidote against it?
I think, dullness can be a side effect of tiredness, yet in many more cases it goes for lack of the motivation and aspiration. Low motivation origins in limitations we set ourselves by clinging to all sorts and types of negative emotions like, jealousy, low-self esteem, anger, hatred, greed, ill will, pitiness and creation of safe zones, lacking the spirit of investigation, narrowness and closeness of the mind, lack of goals or not having faith in the goals. Once long ago when I studied pedagogy, I went to one lecture, given by clinical psycholog. He said, for some of his clients it is a tremendous effort even to wake up in the morning and get off the bed. They cannot. Simply, as it might appear. Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, I believe, are never tired, They are Unlimitless Light and Energy, moved by the Highest Motivation, Bodhicitta.