Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
urki

Adyashanti

It is clearly not Buddha-Dharma.

The Buddha taught about dependent arising, this person seems to teach about nothingness, which is a false understanding of the true nature of things - emptiness.

Best regards,

He is a zen Buddhist.  Please do not judge until you know more, nor even then.  He is someone's teacher.  In fact a friend of mine's teacher. 

You can say this teacher does not speak to me; and i do not follow him.  But, please don't defame what you don't know.

Tashi delek,

I might have been too quick to judge, i apologize.

Though he does use terms that according to my knowledge do not fit into Buddhism. Like 'Eternal True Self' for example.

We try to follow the Graduated Path to Enlightenment, where methods (like Shine) are indispensable. This teacher suggests that methods can't bring enlightenment (which is Zen i guess).

In some schools of Tibetan Buddhism there is emphasis on logical discernment and definitions, that i personally like. If it is not explained in such a way, it is clearly not for me... but others may of course benefit.

I must add that according to the Path that i follow i do have doubts about the possibility of reaching liberation without knowing what the object of refutation is, just not-knowing might not be enough.

I agree with Khyenrab and do apologize myself too for quick judging.

I'm wondering is there any person that could confirm his authentication as a teacher?

Best regards,

Namgyel