Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Felix

Mantra Transmission

Guest Felix

Tashi Delek,

I have another question, and i would appreciate your answer.

If one gets a transmission (lung) one does not take a vow to recite mantras, but it is still recommendable to do it. I wonder if one creates any negativity if one does not recite them or is it completely neutral?

Thank you in advance. :bow:

Respectfully,

Felix

Tashi Delek!

I think that above all things, we must consider the motivation for (not) reciting mantras - not just the act of the recitation itself.

I think I read somewhere that even reciting one single mantra with the proper motivation can purify eons of negativity ...

But on the other hand, someone with a proper motivation probably won't give in to laziness, and will try to recite more than only one mantra.  :))

All the best.

Guest Felix

Tashi Delek!

Thank you for your answer, Wangmo. :bow:

I think that above all things, we must consider the motivation for (not) reciting mantras - not just the act of the recitation itself.

I guess most of us have mixed minds: sometimes selfish and laziy, at least me, :blush: and sometimes having good motivation. Your answer makes me think that we also generate positive and negative results when stepping on the holy path of Dharma, and that just the Path is not enough for Liberation, but also how we walk. It made me aware of the importance of taking proper steps at proper time and to have a firm basis. Thank you. :bow:

Respectfully,

Felix