Dharmaling Forums
Khyenrab

Civilian Casualties In Iraq

Study: War blamed for 655,000 Iraqi deaths

War has wiped out about 655,000 Iraqis or more than 500 people a day since the U.S.-led invasion, a new study reports.

Violence including gunfire and bombs caused the majority of deaths but thousands of people died from worsening health and environmental conditions directly related to the conflict that began in 2003, U.S. and Iraqi public health researchers said.

"Since March 2003, an additional 2.5 percent of Iraq's population have died above what would have occurred without conflict," according to the survey of Iraqi households, titled "The Human Cost of the War in Iraq."

War has wiped out about 655,000 Iraqis or more than 500 people a day since the U.S.-led invasion, a new study reports.

I could never understand what it was exactly that we hoped to achieve in Iraq. Did we think that all the terrorist in the world lived there? Did we think we could change a religious faction of Islam into a non-violent nation by killing those we could? Can anyone point to one good thing about the invasion? Imagine if all that money went to homeland security for airports, buses, trains and commuter traffic. I do believe that sometimes violence is a necessary evil...but even then, only as a last measure.

Tashi Delek !!

I don't agree with what you said Farman . I quote you "I do believe that sometimes violence is a necessary evil...but even then, only as a last measure."

Violence creates violence and never solves any problems, even at last measure !!

Bush had chosen to proclame war against Iraq for the problem of his tirranic government and the different "supposed" terrirorists acts against the World Trade Center. But It's not only the reason of Iraq conquest to reorder the country but also the richness of it's basements and grounds.

Is it justifiable to conquire a country by violence for a suppose promised liberty behind an egotist goal ?

Is it justifiable to use violence to bring peace ?

Have we the right to risk people lives in the concern of eliminate terrorists ??

All the goals of the US government are the enrichment of his own nation and due to the resources in Iraq, the scapegoat was found !!

Violence IS NEVER necessary to anything, but firmness, knowledge and compassion are !

see ya ..

:bow: