Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GnamDrug

Love 2

Tashi Delek

Does this means we are more intimate at that time or we feel true devotion? Sometimes i blink with an eye ;) to the Buddha i pray to. It is not much but it realy calms me down. :angel: How to show or implement love?! Are body gestures enough, or is it some special feeling we release or is it just waiting an sitting in front of the Buddha?! 8/

Dear GnamDrug,

it's truelly a bit unusual for me to talk about a love toward a Buddha in tihs way.

For me it is about respect and gratefulness. How to show them I don't know; I guess one meets all the limitations one meets in a day to day life with people who one respects, is grateful to. I think it's also a process one needs to spend time in by him or herself. I am sorry, from me only this little :blush:

best regards.

pamo

Tashi Delek dear GnamDrug

How to implement love toward the Buddha or in practice.

Thank you for your answers, suggestions and experience.

For me the best way to show my love for all the Buddhas, Boddhisatvas, actually all sentient beings alike, would be to reach Enlightenment. Maybe you have something more, but for me every moment of putting Dharma to practice, every little bit of anything that brings me closer to that goal, is the best expression of love I can offer.

It is not the Buddha(s) who need my love; I don't think Buddhas need to hear me say à¢-ËœI love you', they will not starve or dehidrate, if I do put my offerings up on the altar, nor will they be hurt if I do not prostrate to them. I need to do all these things to work on my mind, gather merits, purify, develop wisdom, skilful means,..., to be able to help others and myself...so, whatever I do, including blinking with an eye to a Buddha, with the motivation to make a step on the path or reach the highest goal, for me is part of the practice, and as such the greatest expression of love.

A very loving evening to all ;)

:bow:

Good morning to all. Yes, I think human being shall not stop question himself that question. There is a lot of things and means which are on the disposal, and yet, human being is not always in the competency to use them. I hardly talk about Buddha and His Mind, what ever I would say about Him, it would be complete projection of my ignorant mind. As about more material forms of the energy there is the energy of the Sun, which falls for example on the Saudi Arabia, does exceed for several times the year world energetic consumption. There is a question why human being does not use it for improving the living conditions of the sentient beings, preventing famine, ensure more balanced development of the world, education, development of the spiritual life and so on. One would say that the Sun energy can be used, but the usage costs much more than usage of oil, coal or gas. Yes, but why is this so? What is used are mainly such sources, which do belong to some specific country, while the Sun does not belong to anyone. May be the human beings are just not in such level of the development to be ready to use something, which does not belong strictly to them? Well, I wrote just some thinking about one of the material forms of the energy, while being aware there are also some other forms of the energy, less material, belonging to no one specifically. I would conclude with thought one is able to use and implement the energy in accordance to the level of his attachment.

Best regards,

Simona

Tashi Delek dear GnamDrug

For me the best way to show my love for all the Buddhas, Boddhisatvas, actually all sentient beings alike, would be to reach Enlightenment...

Good point! :prostate:

It is not the Buddha(s) who need my love; I don't think Buddhas need to hear me say à¢-ËœI love you', they will not starve or dehidrate, if I do put my offerings up on the altar, nor will they be hurt if I do not prostrate to them.

I disagree. How did you come to this conclusion? As the Buddhas are beyond the terms of existence and non-existence, they are "here" to help us on the way out of Samsaric ocean of suffering. So the opinion is that we share with the Buddhas the best what we have and know and confess the worst we are. That means that we show them love aslo. The sole purpose is to know our mind better. So, why not sharing with the omniscent and than look what happens?!

Tashi Delek,

I disagree. How did you come to this conclusion?

Could you please say a bit more, because I fail to understand where exactly do we disagree à¯Ã‚ÂÅ’ :(

Because I fully agree with you :bow: . Buddhas (and Boddhisattvas) are à¢-Ëœhere' to help us on the way out, as you say, but I believe they do not expect anything in return; they are not à¢-Ëœhere to help' in à¢-Ëœexchange for my love, my offerings, my prostrations'...I often hear Buddhas with their omniscience and omnipresence are everywhere, all the time, and help anyone in any way the same moment one creates the causes for it...as a Buddhist, I believe that by the practice of accumulation of merits and purification of negativities with the motivation of à¢-Ëœgetting out of here' in order to come back and be able, like Them, to help as many being as possible out of here also, I am working on my mind and creating the causes for Them to help me in this effort...

I think we might be saying the same thing, maybe just from different perspectives...

So again; the point I made is that I would not make offerings or prostrate to the Buddhas or express my love for Them in any way because They need it; I do it because I need to work on my mind - They have done it already - I want to follow Their example - so the rest might come naturally...

It is more than possible I went completely wrong somewhere in my logic...I will be most grateful to you for pointing it out.

All the very best...

D.

Tashi Delek

It is not the Buddha(s) who need my love; ...

I disagree with this statement.

What i wanted to say is why not also share with Buddha(s), what we share among each other! :))

Otherwise, yes you just rephrased what i said. ;)

Good evening,

I would have to agree with what Dani said. ;)

The Buddhas are Omniscient and completely Transcendent, and have attained the highest possible attainment - full Enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. The Buddhas do not need anything, so needless to say, They do not need our love.

On the other hand, I would think that unenlightened beings cannot benefit from the Buddhas most extensively, if they do not appreciate, respect, follow the Buddha-Dharma.

As Lord Buddha says in a Sutra:

"Misdeeds cannot be washed away by water,

the suffering of living beings cannot be removed with the hand,

my realization cannot be transferred to another,

but by showing the true nature of things, there will be liberation."

Best regards, K

I agree that Buddhas do not need our love, but I think every practitioner has its own path and its own growth process. On the path of growing one needs to go sometimes also through the process of loving, process of learning to love. If one needs this process to learn and unlearn then to love is OK. I am not thinking about attachment in this case, yet if one wishes to develop love by examining/questioning attachment - then one should look at it, examine it, deal with it in such a way that is supportive to the growth. With suppression and dishonesty I believe that growth is not as progressive as it could be.

In one way to love a Buddha can also mean to improve in that area. Some beings might be afraid to love, so they also might be the least afraid to develop the love towards a Buddha and then extend it to all sentient beings. There are so many ways. I don't know really, it is just a guess. :))