Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
billytiss

Actions In The Moment

I am checking how would be the best way to act and react in situations. I understand that each situation has many possible variations of reactions yet how does one react when being in the moment?

It seems to me that out of the moment one reacts in a way that one is the most used to, yet when being in the moment, I think I do not know how. So at that very moment I loose the moment and so I react in an old habitual way.

Is there a specific topic in Buddhism dealing with this topic?

Does our mind have a wisdom within to help us react in the best way?

Are there stages to this moment reactions? Does this (moment reaction) exist anyhow?

Should we be in the moment, yet carefully think before we answer? It seems to me that this thinking before we answer puts us out of the moment.

Opinions, links, recommended readings will be very helpful

Good morning.

What I found out regarding the matter is that when I try to keep my self-structure it is always about a defensive position, which costs me a lot of energy to maintain it. Like the state for example, which invests a lot of funds in the army for the reason if it will be attacked, not knowing exactly from which side, when and by whom. Self-structure also provides the limited view of the others, of the world and limited perception, and when breaking out of it, it can mean a release of the energy, which was captured. Yet, letting go the self-structure it can also be frightening, because it brings the possibility that in fact we do not know who we are and as a result it can brings even stronger defensive response. When one succeed to change oneself for the other, with whom one encounters, able to forget about oneself even just for a thiny moment, one will feel a tremendous release of the energy, which will bring a new perception of the moment, of the other, of the world and finally of oneself.

Best regards,

Simona

Should we be in the moment, yet carefully think before we answer? It seems to me that this thinking before we answer puts us out of the moment.
Khm...from my ignorant perspective, I see being present in a moment a part of the 'training of awareness/mindfulness'. And I do not know why moments of analysis would be excluded from it?

By developing awareness, there might be less and less need for analysis preceding the reaction; If I start getting angry for example, I will take a moment for analysis before to react, not to react out of anger; but if I were present in all the moments before/aware of them, I would never had gotten angry in the first place, I think.

I do not see awareness and analysis excluding each other. Why wouldn't I be present in the moment of analysis? As if the moment is before, then there is a gap while I analyse, and then the moment continues only after I have done with analysis? I mean if my mind is out of the moment when à¢-Ëœdoing' the analysis, the analysis might be a waste of time...

Have a nice day! ;)

As if the moment is before, then there is a gap while I analyse, and then the moment continues only after I have done with analysis? I mean if my mind is out of the moment when à¢-Ëœdoing' the analysis, the analysis might be a waste of time...

If I was in the moment while analyzing, I should analyze without ego structure - this is what I think ( I agree also with Simona). As if I do it with ego structure, I am not in the moment. What is the proper analysis that can be done in the moment? Is there a teaching on this subject written somewhere? Are there steps to that. So to avoid ignorant view of what is right and what is wrong. And to not have analyze as the cause for going out of the moment and the cause that reinforces ego structure.

When one succeed to change oneself for the other, with whom one encounters, able to forget about oneself even just for a thiny moment, one will feel a tremendous release of the energy, which will bring a new perception of the moment, of the other, of the world and finally of oneself.

So you think that the moment itself has the property-option of changing oneself for the others, but the step to the moment is letting of ego-structure and falling or flowing into the state of being which is for the others.

And that falling, flowing looks scary and we can not control it, since if we try to control it, we go out of the moment. So being for the others can be experienced when in the moment and without our own ego structure. And there is no other way then by trusting and letting go of the structure. Falling into empty nature of our self with the motivation for the benefit of the others. Do you think that the motivation then shapes our being?

I do not see awareness and analysis excluding each other.
I somehow tend to think the depth of the awareness functions in different way as the depth of the analysis. Yet, for my taste, the moment is more a function of the depth of awareness than of the analysis.

Kind regards,

Simona