Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frederic

Shift Happens

Good evening to all

There was one critical article in London Economist about danger to predict the future. As an example it was written if in year 1872 we would predict the consequences of permanent growth of the city traffic, we would conclude that London itself would suffocate by horse`s dung in 100 years. Time showed that never happened. I think the quality aspect is even more important than quantity...

Kind regards,

Simona

These "predictions" are, to me at least, simply informative and interesting to read about. They kinda give me "une vue d'ensemble" (the full picture) of the world we live in, and of the law of impermanence as seen on a global level.

I particularly like how the creator of this video compares the apparition of Google with that of the Christ...

I do agree with you, quality is, by far, more precious than quantity. Unless we are talking about money! ;)

With the money it is the same. What matters is the relation toward it and not the quantity. Yet, there is a general trend people use the goods faster as the goods are in the position to renew themselves. Thus, the feeling the quantity matters. Also, we shall be aware that it is impossible all the people would live as Americans (or as some other advanced regarding economic development) live today. For that, we would need 60 billions tons of iron, a billion ton of lead,...which is 200 to 400 times more as world produces today. All the world resources would be enough only for half of a billion of people, if all of us were have the same standard as Americans. Such linear thinking and acting result in different negativities also, as intensive and aggresive exploitation of the natural environment, insatiable greed, irrationalities and other nonsenses. Thus, it would be important to consider carefully into what invest the money. Whether leave the flow to inertia, or join the projects which enlarge quality of life of as many people and sentient beings as possible, bring the balance with the natural environment and ourselves back and work on non-material values.

Kind regards,

Simona

I like the presentation very much. We are/big companies are investing money into China. The motivation is to get more money, more possessions, more influence. Looking at this we can see that they are working for them selfs. Motivation seems very selfish, so definitely it wont bring good results - if selfishly motivated. After some years all the money invested in China will give results. Europeans and Americans will become labor slaves...or I think they will just sell what will be produced by Chinese. Leaders of European countries will already die by that time, but the strengths will switch from the West to the East. I personally wish I will create enough positive karma/causes to not be misused by those forces.

It is sad that our mind is turned so much to selfishness, that instead of creating quality life and happiness, we keep on creating causes for poverty :( and unhappiness ://

It is true China`s economic development is very fast, but nevertheless the fastest developed countries are those from Africa and not from East Aisa. For these countries I wonder how about their socio development, does it follow the economic one? For sure, someone is paying the price for such speedy development, and that price is not small. For example, in Slovenia there is Economic-socio council established, whos goal is balanced economic-socio development of the country and maintaining the socio peace. As the second, from 500 most powerful international world`s companies, which are making about 90% of all world`s investments, there are 179 USA companies, 148 EU companies and 107 Japanese companies (just to mention first three of them). These companies have been already breakthrough into China`s econimc zones, meant only for foreign funds, which is logical, because if China were open the market to foreign funds completely, those international companies would buy a half of China before they would become aware of it.

It will be interesting to observe what will happen to China, because foreign funds come always in a company of new mentality, new market logic, new behaviour, new-different style of life, new culture...

Kind regards,

Simona