Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Csillag

Power Of Thoughts

Hello,

I found something quite interesting about thoughts within a esoteric book. I translated some part of it.

According their thinking, thoughts of fear can become manifest. Of what we are afraid of, exactly that can come true, because our minds creates reality though the energy of our thoughts. This is possible as everything else is also just energy.

I think this could be true and I would like to know what you think of this.Sometimes I have the impression it can be true, I give you a example of my own life.

I have a relationship since almost one year. In the beginning I had lots of fears, even to enter this relationship because of my past bad experiences. The relationship was already 4 times over and began anew.

The more I relax and learn to trust, the better it gets.I had NO FIGHTINGS with my partner in the past, but fear that he will leave me the same way as my ex did. ( because job was lost, problems with himself etc, not having to do so much with me).

And what happened was almost exactly the same thing witch happened in my past relationship! (Before my exboyfriend I had not so much fear. )

Therefore I tend to think I created my own difficult situation mostly by my fear.Of course some part of the problem is also because of him, as he is a not the easiest person to be with, he can be very egoistic, very cold, very selfish. But also this has to do something with me, as I was choosing him. Don´t we choose a partner according our past karma/conditioning?

To the problems with him I responded in doing some prayers, when I recognized that I become angry, getting negative thoughts I made efforts to think positive, making wishing prayers. I had the feeling they had a effect.At least he is improving, I have a good emotional training, and our relationship is getting better and better, although still we have problems due to his difficult job situation.

Question comes here as well, is this due to my positive thoughts, I mean, being a main factor that it functions between us in a better way?

Concerning problems within partnership, I think they happen because of past bad karma, coming from past lifes, but can`t it be also that my fear was also provocing difficult situations within my relationship?

Can it be that those temporary breaking of with each other was mostly because of my fear, and not because I did such and such bad in a past life to someone else?

The fear is just a result of having had a bad partnership in the past, and the bad partnership was maybe the result of past lives karma. I could imagine this connection. But my question is, can it be that in my present situation the problems developed mostly because of my fear? What do you think? How much role do our present thoughts play? Can they have such a power?

Best wishes

Csillag

Here is a part of the book:

Thoughts are energy. Every thought accords with a special wave/vibration and therefore accords with a special energypotential.

Because of this a thought can be considered as a certain energybody.

As everything else is also just vibration/waves, our thoughts can have impact on them.

As every thought has a energypotential, so has every thought the tendecy to manifest itself. This tendency is as much high as the energypotential of a certain thought is. We can have very strong and very week thoughts.

The more strong our thinking is the greater the possibility that our thoughts will come true

For instance if we have lots of intensive fearful thoughts, there is a certain tendency that our fear could become true.

From Physics we know that no energy can be ever be lost. As thoughts are also energy, a thought cannot get lost. This means with each thought we are producing energy, and this energy will never get lost, it will manifest sooner or later.

Furthermore whatever we think will also come back to us. It does not mean it has to come back in the same way, it can manifest in different forms.

Therefore if you want to enjoy happiness in your life the best thing what you can do is to wish as much people as possible all your best.

Within the field of thinking, distance is not playing any role. It doesn`t matter if Mr. Mayer is sitting in front of you or is having vacation in Hawai while ou are thinking of him badly or nicely.

When you have a thought it is same when you throw a stone within water. Around the stone waves will radiate. And those waves will go into direction from where the stone was been thrown.

When we have inside of us conflicts, then we will also have conflicts in the outside.

Lots of catastrophe in our wordl is due to our way of thinking, this means they are due to the energies we have set free through our way of thinking. Our whole palnet is sick because of our way of thinking. Not the pollution is the great problem. Our way of thinking is the great problem, the matriell pollution is just the result of our wrong way of thinking. We are pollting our planet not just materially but also mentally!

On what we concentrate, that will grow.

If we concentrate on our shortcomings, then our shortcomings will grow.

If we concentrate on our sickness, then our sickness will increases

If we concentrate on not having money, this lack of money will grow

If we concentrate on prosperity, our prosperity will grow

If we concentrate on our health, our health will grow.

This means for instance if you stopp to concentrate on your weekness but concentrate on your positive qualities, than your energy will not get lost by looking at your weekness but it will be invested in your positive qualities. Your faults can just dimish if you concentrate on your positive sides.

We cannot change how we were thinking in the past, but now as we know about this we must now change our way of thinking, as our thinking will shape our future.

Dear Csillag,

How much role do our present thoughts play? Can they have such a power?

my experinece is that present thoughts play a huge role, having really strong power, in the sense of them being destructive, if we let them to have it. But since we try to become aware of them, they should loose this strenght. Otherwise, we act, talk and built up beliefs on the grounds of these thoughts. Make decisions. Present thoughts, being either a past karma or a product or conculusion or decision of a present moment....write our future and people's-we-get-in-contact-with future...so also from this point of view, they are very powerful. We can create new ones hopefully, when we are able to stay relaxed breathing evolving our own will, in the gap detached of compulsivness; such ones to suppport our practice, happiness and life in general.

Would you agree on this little part?

best regards,

pamo

Hi Csillag,

I also had a lot of fears and I was working really hard to make my relationships work. So hard that my practice was dedicated for being a better partner, more calm person and so on. I have come to the conclusion that any Samsaric creation, in this case relationship, is impermanent. I can not make things happen the way I wish them to be, but I do have this freedom to react in a more peaceful way. To bring less stress to already always changing life situation. Unfortunately in Samsara you really can not find true happiness, when you accept that it is so, then you are peaceful with whatever arises, nice or not so nice. What can I do, I created what I experience and the best way is to have a right view over Samsara.

Kind regards,

B.

Guest Petra S

Dear Billytiss!

Unfortunately in Samsara you really can not find true happiness
You often write it and it sounds so pessimistic! Do you really believe it? Isn't helping the others, especially on the long-term, a deep, long lasting and fulfilling joy? And this source of happiness is even available for everybody, a Buddhist or not, it is very at hand. (Another reason to rejoice.)

I don't know the profound Buddhist topics, I'm a beginner, but I've read somewhere that on some point the samsara and nirvana are the same - that high practitioners perceive samsara as purest joy and perfection. Correct me if I'm wrong.

From my experience: more I am concerned about the others, happier and more peaceful I am; more I am concerned about myself, more stress and subsequent negative thoughts I develop. I can't say that I have freedom to react in a peaceful way - I am a beginner and I can't control my mind - but I can see that already the first steps bring results. I believe Dharma is truly the path to happiness, ultimately as well as conventionally, as a side effect. ;)

I have also noticed, dear Csillag, that my grasping at negative thoughts (aversions, desires...) seem to trigger/fix/develop negative events, while the positive results seem to be connected to more peaceful states of mind. But I couldn't draw a conclusion about it, it's just a small observation.

I wish you overwhelming happiness and causes for even more happiness! :))

Petra

Tashi Delek

First thing that should happen is to renounce samsara. Because renaunciation of samsara is a doorway to nirvana. The path that leads you to Nirvana. That's why they are inseperable. There is no nirvana without samsara. Two sides of the same coin.

Guest Felix

Good evening.

What do you give up, when you give up samsara? The situations that come along, while you are living in samsara, or your attachments and aversions towards them?

I'm thinking in samsaric (dualistic) way, I'm interprating Dharma in samsaric way, I'm practicing in samsaric way... samsara is the only world that I know. So, how to renounce samsara without renouncing the best of it, the Dharma? Maybe by accepting situations just as they are, giving up attachement or aversion towards them - by transforming everyday life into spiritual practice; and rejoicing about this opportunity.

To my opinion there are many valid reasons to rejoice, while still being in samsara. Each moment of overcoming one's limitations and self-centerdness can bring joy. I can not imagine a better support to the spiritual path than than the joy of transformation, with a clearly defined goal of ultimately benefiting the others. :bow:

Best regards,

Felix

Tashi Delek

Renunciation doesn't means a denial of samsara. One accepts samsara. But is aware of shortcomings, that it is a place of suffereng. By respecting it one makes it posible to get through it. The rest follows. :blush:

Tashi Delek

Through renunciation one frees herself, himself from attachement from pain. Pain is present when we suffer. This means we still tolerate Samsara. Don't be to much impressed by the pain. It is one ob the subtlest attachements. Somehow we like it, we enjoy the pain. The Renunciation is the core. By it we free ourselves. We accept and become ready to beare it (pain). In a way it becomes a test how much we are ready. ;)

Guest Petra S
The Renunciation is the core.
I agree again. I was surfing a bit on the internet and found a text Three Principal Aspects on the Path. The fact that besides renunciation there are also two other principles - bodhicitta and emptiness, tells me that while giving up something we also have to aspire for something. Just abandoning things or just adding new items on our wish list probably doesn't lead anywhere.

Maybe the view of emptiness is the pointer on the scale, puting renunciation and a wish to benefit others in the right perspective. But I don't know these things, I'm just guessing.

Bye, Petra

Guest Felix

Tashi Delek.

I remember my Guru's teaching about renunciation. It took place quite some years ago and my memory is not as fresh as it used to be, but I think the main point holds true. ;)

He told that one has to be careful with this topic, especially when talking with a beginner. He explained that if one's mind is not strong or stable enough, if one's understanding of what to renounce and how to do it is not clear enough, then one is exposed to danger to misunderstand the topic and renounce too much or even to be averted from Buddhism. He therefore emphasized the importance of preliminary practices, LamRim meditation (such as precious human rebirth) and faith. On such foundation, renunciation can become an essential tool.

Respectfully,

Felix

Tashi Delek

As Petra S has stated, the next step is to have Bodichitta attitude. It means that one is working for others. But the problem is that at the beginning nobody will like that you work or help for them. They will either think that one is pitying them or one is trying to seduce them. But as long as one does it for the welfare of all sentient beings this is not the case. This also means that one sholud be a bit skillful (applying wisdom) in acting this way. Having "altrustic wish" to help others, acting so and dedicating it for the welfare of others, doing so with enthusiasm, soon one will find contentment, joy and firm ground in a world of relativity. Soon you will be able to control your karma, dear Csillag. :applause:

Tashi Delek

To continue... Do not stop at your thoughts. Use tem as tool, meanig to come to your heart. Than abandon, "awaken your heart by opening the mind". :prostate:

Tashi Delek,

to conclude;

The begining was a logical decision (renunciation), as there is nothing to be happy about in Samsara. Then with a little bit of bravery one makes a big step for Humanity, Bodichitta. Than the third step- what about defending the precepts. That is not easy especialy with such a profound mind in this kaliyuga. What about being a bit lazy and find someone who will work instead of you. Someone like a Guru. She, he will guide you out of Samsara. You won't have less problems, on contrary there will be even more, but all of them will be a tool for awakening of your Buddha nature. And the Awakening in one life time will be at your hand!

"Karmapa chenno"