Dharmaling Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Csillag

Chakra, Energychannels, Energy, Thigle And Seed Syllabels

Hi,

Different traditions ( Buddhism, Bön and Hindu) are using different syllabels or syllabels of different colors at certain chakras. Sometimes even the number of the chakras varies, sometimes some describe the central channel as blue, others as outside red and inside white, then for some tradition the right channel is red for others white, some make differences between women and men, some make no differences.Some say the central channel stopps at the crown some say between the eye brows.

What confuses me is that for instance the hindu tradition sayes the opening of the heart chakra gives rise to unconditioned love, and when it is blocked the love is missing, you easily fall into addictions like alkohol drogs, sex or whatever for to feel better. Within the Bön tradition the opening of the heart chakra mean openess, and its closed state means envy, jalousy. For them the opening of the chakra at the feet/sole stands for love and its closed state for anger and hate.

I thought the body with its chakras is always same doesn`t matter which lineage you practice, so when they open up, the experience must be same or not? Concerning to what I heared, I was reading it is not like that........

So I wonder what will be the effects if one practices in lineage X, and what will be the effect when one practices in lineage Y?

What makes the difference of the different traditions? Is it the motivation? Is it with what a quality a certain seed syllabel is associated with within a ceratain chakra?

How much role does it play if you visualize now a certain chakra as yellow and in another tradition as green?

Some say it could be dangerous to work with energy channels, chakras as when you cannot bring the energy into the central channel and focus it on a certain chakra, if you cannot breath out at your crown through the central channel, you may get mental or health problems. ( Also at the 9 fold breathing )

Some say don`t worry with this practice you will learn to bring the rlung into the central channel through the excercises. It won`t happen immediatly, you need to execercise it. The body excercises and the concentration will open the central channel.

The Bön and Hatha Yoga traditions, they teach tsa rlung practices more publicly whereas tibetan Buddhism does not. What is the reason for this?

Is it Ok to do Hatha Yoga at fitness studios or in an institute/ to do do tsa rlung practices of the Bön tradition?

How do we know if the excercises we do are good for us or not? I mean supposed I feel better through the excercises but is it still possibe even though I feel better, that I could destroy my mental or physical health for the long run without noticing it?

Best wishes

Csillag

Hi,

I don't know much about different traditions, but I know one thing. My mind has already a lot of work following just one tradition or at list one core philosophy and one base for practices. To master just one practice is a lot...a lot of work on calming the mind, letting go of expectations, being satisfied with the result it gives, yet enthusiastically going on and further. With calm mind and only if advised by a qualified teacher I would touch other subjects.

We are still talking about mind and we should be responsible for how far we wish to mix it. As when too mixed, it wont take us anywhere.

Best regards,

Billytiss